Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*CLOSED* Strömung Catback Part 2! 318i/is and 325i/is (July 2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

received mine this weekend!
    1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
    1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
    E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

D: i still havent even paid for mine! lol
      '87 Vert, Black, 5-sp
      '15 Civic Si, White - Daily commuter
      '15 MB C300 Sport, White/Cranberry - Wife's

Comment

How has nobody posted an install video yet? I get back this weekend and will provide an update.
        1990 325i Coupe
        ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
          I am installing long tube headers and having a resonator installed at the cat so got the header gaskets, 12 copper nuts, header to cat gaskets, catback to "cat" rings & the 6 copper nuts, I already had the rubber hangers and my actual hangers were fine.
          Had my Stromung since the previous group buy, but am ready to install IE long tube headers now and would like to keep the sound as it is now. If I ditch the cat and replace with resonator I'm hoping it will not be raspy or drone. You have anyone who has done this?

Also, will you be running dual pipes all the way from headers to the Stromung? Most resonators are single in/out, so what are you planning?

Comment

I have a Magnaflow resonator, initially, I had an X pipe but it was too loud.

IMG_9501 by phled1, on Flickr

IMG_9608 by phled1, on Flickr

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

And the sound is good? (Relative, I know)

Is that resonator the lowest point on the car now?

Which Magnaflow is that?

Comment

It is low, I have to go over speed bumps slowly. It's a resonated X, not sure the model, the muffler guy had it.

It was odd. At freeway speed and over idle/getting out of first the X was ok, but at idle and off the line it was really horribly loud.

Now it is ok where it was a problem and the same in upper gears.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                  I have a Magnaflow resonator, initially, I had an X pipe but it was too loud.

IMG_9501 by phled1, on Flickr

IMG_9608 by phled1, on Flickr
                  Do you have any sound clip?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                  "Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens"

Comment

woo! paid for mine yesterday. cant wait to get it!
                    '87 Vert, Black, 5-sp

Comment

Just checking in to get a status report. Have they started building / shipping 318i mufflers already?

Comment

Originally posted by p-lo View Post
                        Just checking in to get a status report. Have they started building / shipping 318i mufflers already?
                        they are JUST finishing the last of the 325 exhausts. Some 318 exhausts should have already started but they will likely now start the rest of them. Ping Scott for more details, but he is SWAMPED with work (which is good for everyone), so he may not get back to you too quickly
                        '87 Vert, Black, 5-sp

Comment

Shout out to LateE30 for putting this whole thing together. I don't know how I got lucky with an early shipment, but I returned from Europe yesterday and installed the new exhaust. Stomung has impressed.

Last edited by MikeM; 08-27-2017, 08:42 AM.
                          1990 325i Coupe
                          ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

Looks great and sounds even better!! What a difference. Can't wait for everyone to get theirs.
                            '87 Vert, Black, 5-sp

Comment

Just received mine in the mail! Can't wait to install.
                              ▲ 1991 318is ▲ | Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
                                Shout out to LateE30 for putting this whole thing together. I don't know how I got lucky with an early shipment, but I returned from Europe yesterday and installed the new exhaust. Stomung has impressed.

+1 to Late. Thanks for setting this up.

Couldn't get this to play from r3v. So here is the link for anyone having the same problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWC-zbOKPZg

Thanks Mike for posting a before/after. Sounds and looks great!
                                1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                                1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                                E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Working...
                                X