S52 oil pan clearance issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 oil pan clearance issues

Running an early model euro slicktop, 84’.
    Running on bags.

However, s52 swap and my skid plate is just so low. Looking to get another couple inches of clearance. Thought about dry sump system. But does anyone where to get a modified s52 oil pan?

Thanks.
    :early:

Not much to do about that, unless you want to run a modified front subframe and a modified stock E36 (rear sump) pan, which is not a cheap option. The height of the E34 pan is very annoying, I agree, but you get used to it, eventually.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
      Not much to do about that, unless you want to run a modified front subframe and a modified stock E36 (rear sump) pan, which is not a cheap option. The height of the E34 pan is very annoying, I agree, but you get used to it, eventually.
      Yeah see, I’m not trying to settle lol. Car is a one of a kind piece, I don’t mind buying a modified pan for it, I’m just trying to find the right source is all.
      :early:

Comment

I'm running e46 hydraulic motor mounts and I have much better clearance.
        The mounts are flipped upside down and the locking nipple was shaved down for fitment. Feels good to drive without vibration and knowing you won'ttake out your pan on the next speed bump.
        Attached Files
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
        X