Parts buying, shout out to FCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts buying, shout out to FCP

With the changing parts companies and folks encouraging high quality replacement parts, I want to pass along my latest experience.

On Sunday i ordered 2 GKN CV shafts/nuts/lock plates from FCP Euro. Monday night i sent a “contact me” email to FCP because i never received shipment notification/tracking number. I knew nothing would happen Sunday but expected something by end of day Monday.

I got a message from them with tracking info at around 18:30 Monday evening (yesterday) and also a note that the expected delivery date of 4/4 or 4/5 would still be accurate.

My parts were delivered to my house at 11:30 this morning. I’m guessing they just went ahead and priority overnight my parts and never told me.

So yeah, i dig amazon and dealer parts, but good grief, FCP won a lot of points with me today.
    My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
    I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Been using FCP for 4 years now. Only positive experiences.
    Instagram
    Build Thread

F87 2020 M2 Competition Coupe Long Beach Blue/Black w/Blue Stitching
    F22 2014 M235i Coupe Estoril Blue/Black (Sold)
    E46 2003 325xi Sedan Jet Black/Natural Brown Leather
    E30 1989 325i Vert Bronzitbeige Metallic/Natural
    E30 1986 325es Coupe Alpine White/Pearl Beige

Comment

Fcp is where I shop for a good reason.

Comment

FCP & Blunttech are the best in the business.
        1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
        SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
        Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Let us know if the outboard boot rub on the shock bodies. NON oem boots tend to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by amcp View Post
            Let us know if the outboard boot rub on the shock bodies. NON oem boots tend to do that.

GKN are OEM replacements, they have the small boots, big cages and the shafts themselves are ~50% thicker than the Chinese stuff.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              Small boots, big cages and the shafts themselves are ~50% thicker than the Chinese stuff.
              Kinky.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                Kinky.
                Haha! I typed out something that would have sounded worse, thought words were chosen that no wise cracks would happen.... :/
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                  GKN are OEM replacements, they have the small boots, big cages and the shafts themselves are ~50% thicker than the Chinese stuff.
                  Good to know. Looks like they're $275 or so each, vs the $600 or so, each, for a BMW axle, last time I checked, probably more now.

I also looked to see what a driveshaft goes for now, and the one I wanted is now ~$200 more than it was last time. Fuck.

One of my rear CVs seems to have more play than the other, so I'm thinking it might be worn out, but I don't wanna shell out the coin for a BMW axle.

Comment

I recently got 6 plugs and coils for my E70 X5 and was told to give FCP Euro a shot. I figured I would and they were pretty quick when it came to shipping (I even got a tracking update on a Saturday). Not to mention the lifetime warranty on nearly all their parts, so it's worth the extra bit compared to other places. I'll be getting more from them in the future as well.
                    1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                    2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                    2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

I buy everything from FCP since they're local and free shipping is usually at my house the next day. What I like is parts that aren't in stock at their warehouse (weird stuff like when you buy actual genuine parts) add only one day to order ship time. They don't have everything, but most things, and the pricing is very competitive.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

In case you come back AMCP, i can confirm for you that the rubber boot does not rub anything. I just got the passenger side reassembled and it all looks great. It also just slid right through the hub with very little effort. I was nervous about getting it in because I don’t have any tools that would pull it or push it.
                        My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                        I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

FCP 4 life (until they ECS me and if they do then fuck them!)

I actually wrote a glowing review this morning after a support call

Comment

Originally posted by 325e '87 View Post
                            In case you come back AMCP, i can confirm for you that the rubber boot does not rub anything. I just got the passenger side reassembled and it all looks great. It also just slid right through the hub with very little effort. I was nervous about getting it in because I don’t have any tools that would pull it or push it.

Appreciate the follow up. Looks like I'll put these on the purchase list.

Comment

FCP really is one of the best in the biz. They have always gone above and beyond with my orders and their customer service is the best.
                              Originally posted by blunttech
                              Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                              :shock:

Comment

Working...
                              X