No announcement yet.

E30 S54 Swap AC signal input to DME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEL is triggered via CAN, so you need to wire up the CAN adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
      CEL is triggered via CAN, so you need to wire up the CAN adapter.
      Thanks!
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

For future reference on the Gen 1 board here is a complete wiring so that the DME controls the aux fan fully based on Temp, A/C pressure, Speed etc:\

Last edited by R3Z3N; 02-11-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

And for Gen 2:

Comment

I sold one of Garry's CAN controllers to someone who hasn't been able to get the A/C compressor to turn on. He says he has everything connected properly and Garry has even replaced the CAN controller for him and it's still not working for him. He says he's receiving the following error: "DME signal error CAN bus instrument cluster"

I'm not sure exactly how the controller functions. I just do the wiring and offer the controller as a courtesy with my harnesses. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue could be? His car is a 1999 M3 with an M54 swap.
            Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
              He says he's receiving the following error: "DME signal error CAN bus instrument cluster"
              That error doesn't mean anything other than his swap flash didn't suppress it. The CAN board doesn't emulate all cluster messages because it doesn't need to and some need a partial VIN.

He is in touch with me to sort things out.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                ... He says he's receiving the following error: "DME signal error CAN bus instrument cluster"...
                FYI, the files I gave you have a subcategory in the DTC XDFs for DTCs to suppress, so that you can do that with your EWS delete. I am willing to walk through the usage with you remotely.

Comment

FYI, the files I gave you have a subcategory in the DTC XDFs for DTCs to suppress, so that you can do that with your EWS delete. I am willing to walk through the usage with you remotely.
                  Did you intend to quote someone else? I didn't do his swap flash.

Comment

Awesome thanks! I didn’t do his swap flash either.
                    Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

hi, how does one go about purchasing one of these units

Comment

Does anyone have the wiring diagram/ pinout for the gen 2 module e36 with s54 ecu? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RBrom84 View Post
                          Does anyone have the wiring diagram/ pinout for the gen 2 module e36 with s54 ecu? thanks.
                          This is for e30 but the only difference is pin 3, 10, 12 and 13

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, I need to know which wire is the e36 switched negative from the evap /pressure switch on the gen 2 board?

On the gen 1 board 4 is positive e30 style and pin 7 is negative e36.

Comment

Hello guys,
                              how can I get one of this controllers ?
                              thanks
                              Johnny

Comment

Hello
                                anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X