2018 E30 Picnic news and updates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 E30 Picnic news and updates.

Here's a link for news and updates as we lead up to the 2018 E30 Picnic. Check back from time to time, especially the day before the weekend to review the updates.

First of all, thanks to Garagistic for stepping up and helping with some of the administrative costs for the E30 picnic. They have helped keep the entry pricing at last year's level.

Also, thank you to the other supporters who are providing great items for the afternoon raffle. The money raised goes to the LeMay Marymount Museum. These folks are:

Group 2 Motorsports
    Griot's Garage
    BMW Northwest
    Bavarian Autosport
    Bimmerheads
    Odometer Gears

If you are company that would like some publicity by donating something to the afternoon raffle, please contact Lance Richert at LanceRichert@gmail.com
    Last edited by Lance Racing; 06-11-2018, 09:44 AM.
    Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
    www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Ford Model T Rides again available

For the second year, LeMay will have their fleet of Ford Model Ts out to give rides on the property. Did you know the LeMay property is 73 acres? The E30 Picnic only uses a fraction of the property on Sunday. The Model T folks will be giving rides for a small donation. I encourage everyone to grab a ride, they drive through the woods, out onto an open field, up a steep hill where they have to floor it to even get up the hill. Next to the BMW E30, the Model T is arguably the greatest mass production vehicle ever made.

LeMay is one of just a couple of organizations in the country with a working fleet of Model Ts. They actually have classes during the summer where you can learn how to drive a Model T. I took the class, it was a lot of fun. They have 4 more school dates this year. Info here:

Comment

Where non-E30s park at the E30 Picnic

We have nothing against other BMWs, but the emphasis of the E30 Picnic is the mighty E30 chassis. This is why people come from such distances now to attend, and why we had 230 E30s in attendance last year.

In the past we did have other BMWs come to see the show, and we stuffed them out on the fringes on the East end as a place to park and did not charge a fee to them, and it sort of turned into a mini car show.

Well, we've run out of space to do this, so all non-E30s who wish to come see the E30 Picnic are welcome to do so, but they will need to enter LeMay at their primary entrance (with the BIG white sign) and park in the main LeMay parking lot. They will pay someone from LeMay a discounted rate of $10 for adults and $5 for kids to park, which will include admission to the LeMay Museum. They will also be welcome to walk about 100 yards over to the E30 Picnic and see the E30 Picnic show.

Please help spread the word to your non-E30 friends who may be coming to the E30 Picnic about how non-E30s are being handled this year.
      Last edited by Lance Racing; 06-19-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

2018 E30 Picnic Poster!

This year's E30 Picnic poster. Thanks to Owen Craft for the great design. The patterns in the middle of the letters are... ?

Comment

Bring Cash and Credit Card!

There are various vendors there that can sell you stuff. Most take credit cards, some take cash. Some only take cash. If the internet is spotty that day and the Square readers are not working, cash really talks.

So bring small bill cash, and your credit card, and you should be OK for the day.

Off hand, things that will take your money include:

Food Trucks
          Day of Registration people ($20, cash only)
          LeMay 1 hour Tours
          Model T rides
          M Team shirt sales (cash preferred)
          Raffle ticket sales (cash preferred)
          Vendor booth selling their merch

Comment

Griot's Garage donations

Griot's Garage have donated prizes for

The Furthest Traveled E30 Owner (In an E30): Ultimate Interior Cleaning Kit

The Youngest E30 owner: Starter Car Care Kit

The Highest Mileage E30 at the E30 Picnic: Engine Bay cleaning kit.

Check out the Main Page of the E30 Picnic for past Furthest Traveled winners. Some drove a long distance. www.E30Picnic.com

Comment

Group 2 Motorsports PRO3 drive!

Local Motorsport and Service Shop Group 2 Motorsports have donated an opportunity to drive their E30 PRO3 car at an HPDE event.

Here are the details for the raffle:

1. The prize is for a 1 Day Track Rental in our PRO3 car at any local track event.
              2. The giveaway is not for a race event, however it is available for a track day during a race weekend.
              3. The giveaway is available for a track day at The Ridge or Pacific Raceways only.
              4. The prize is subject to the rules and regulations of the organization offering the track day as it pertains to run groups, required instruction, drivers experience level, let by zones, etc.
              5. Prize winner is responsible for Driver’s registration cost through MotorsportsReg.com and required safety gear such as helmet, gloves, eye protection, and other required personal gear.
              6. The track day does include the cost of vehicle rental for one day, delivery and retrieval of the vehicle to the track event, cost of fuel, brakes, tires (rain tires if required), and technical assistance for the day.
              7. Driver must be a licensed driver over the age of 18.
              8. Driver responsible for all damage to vehicle and credit card must be on file as deposit.
              9. G2 Requires 30 Day’s notice to book the car, subject to availability.
              10. Prize must be redeemed by March 31, 2019.

Car Features:
              • Full Roll Cage
              • OMP Seats (HTE-R) and 5-Point Belts
              • New Tires (Wet/Dry) – Toyo RR
              • Podium at Thunderhill Raceway Park 25 Hour

Car Specs:
              • 5 Speed Manual 2.5 Liter 6 Cylinder
              • Ohlins Suspension
              • Limited Slip Differential
              • Built to stock specs for PRO3

Comment

Bimmerheads raffle donation!

Bimmerheads of donated some great stuff for the E30 Picnic Raffle:

M20 Timing Belt
                M20 Heavy Duty Rocker Arms (12)
                Euro Elipsoid Crosshairs
                M20/M30 Oil Adapter
                M20/M30 Distributor Delete Plate

Bimmerheads License plates are free, first come first served at the Free table.

Thanks Matt!

Comment

Bavarian Autosport GCs!

Bavarian Autosport have donated various $50 and $100 Savings Certificates that will be in the raffle.

Comment

More from Griot's Garage

Griot's Garage have also donated an Orbital Correcting & Liquid Gloss Poly Wax Kit and Organizer Bag. $299 Value!

And some other washing and cleaning gift packs:

Comment

Shift Boots from Matt!

From Matt: The grey is uberkaro plaid, and the dark fabric is M hurricane from the E34 M5. Each includes a $50 Chevron Gas Card!

Comment

Raffle Prize: E30 Rolling Shell!

Rolling shell from a 1987, winner will need to pick it up from the Smokey Point in Arlington area. Because some people flake out, we'll pick a winner, and a back up winner. Winner will have 30 days to pick up the car. If they have not picked up the car by then, we'll offer it to the back up winner. We might actually pick a back up to the back up. When pulling raffle tickets, if the second winning ticket is for the main winner, we'll keep pulling tickets until we get a back up, and back up to the back up.

Here are the details as stated by the person donating this 1987 E30 Shell.

"Change in life goals. I acquired this E30 from my son's friend who had it as a donor but moved out of state and left it behind. I had the intent to build a PRO3 race car but situations changed and its been sitting for too long. I've resigned to reality and ready to hand it off. It would be a challenge to restore but perfect for a track car. It's just a rolling shell. There is no engine, driveline or differential. However, the automatic transmission is in the trunk. The front seats are gone but the dash has no cracks. There are keys in the ignition. I have the title but it is not in my name and I will just hand that over."

Last edited by Lance Racing; 06-18-2018, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Rolling Shell Part 2

More shots:

Comment

E30 Picnic FAQs

It's always a good idea to review the FAQ's on the E30 Picnic web site. For your convenience, here is a direct link!

Comment

I'm going to have an extra M50 soon that would fit nicely in that shell. Hmm....

Comment

Working...
                              X