Fog Light Lens Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kid8 View Post
    I bought from this guy, solid seller. I just need to get around to installing them!
    Any photos and review of the quality/fitment of these lens?

Thanks!

Comment

Too bad they're sold out of the high/low beam lens...
      sigpic
      1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
      I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
        Since the plastic ones are out of stock, I'm going to get a set shipped from Russia. They're supposed to be glass and take about 2 weeks to ship. I'll update when I get them.

**Lenses are in the US, still waiting to receive them.**
        Bump... thinking about buying these. Did you have good results?

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
          That's a legit find if they're the real deal.
          in for results

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
            Since the plastic ones are out of stock, I'm going to get a set shipped from Russia. They're supposed to be glass and take about 2 weeks to ship. I'll update when I get them.
            It took about a month to get the lenses, but it was worth the wait.

Old:

Glass:

Installed:

This one did not seat perfectly. There is a small gap between the glass and the plastic. IIRC, it was fine on the test fit, so that means I either used too much glue or I didn't clean out enough of the original glue.

This one fit perfectly.

With the Lamin-X (and backing paper) laid on top:
            Last edited by McGyver; 02-23-2016, 08:51 AM.
            sigpic
            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

you should put some hid"s in there!
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

looks awesome, we need to get a group buy going for these lol

I tried removing good condition factory ones to put on another set of housings and it was terrible, the glass just cracked off and I gave up before ruining them completely.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                  looks awesome, we need to get a group buy going for these lol

I tried removing good condition factory ones to put on another set of housings and it was terrible, the glass just cracked off and I gave up before ruining them completely.
                  Group buy would be great! Do any vendors sell them prepainted with the grey stripe on the side?

Comment

id still rather get the plastic ones, going to sub just in case someone knows if when they go back in stock. I even emailed them earlier this week and no response =(
                    '87 cabby parting
                    sigpic92' calypso cabby preparing for storage

Comment

I got some plastic ones off ebay from Lithuania I think but now I only see some from Singapore so maybe it was those. I thought they were going to be glass but was happy receive plastic, and they fit perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

foglights

i bought new ones and replaced the whole shootin match... incredible difference. no worries.
                        now to find a piece of thick clear laminate for a lens protector and i'll be set...
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        '90 325i sedan daily driven
                        '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

I don't know if they still do but Bavauto sold a specific set for the fog lights with a 3M protective film.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Heads up everyone, they are in stock again... in Russia http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-3-E30-fo...lVhCCg&vxp=mtr
                            E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

I bought 5 sets from this eBay seller a couple years ago, and I paid more at the time... Shipping is pricey from Russia!

If anyone is interested I am selling each set for $50 shipped (priority shipping = 2-3 days) anywhere in the lower 48.

PM me if interested

Comment

I just replaced mine, I have another set.
                                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X