Any updates ??
      Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO V12 M70B50 ///
      ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507
      E34 550 V12 JML

Finnish wisdom : If you want to Win,, hire a Finn

http://alpina.123.is/pictures/

Comment

I actually bought the project cars from the OP before he ever started (MtecII E30 and the E34 M5). We are in the same city in Canada. He never had time to start the build, I thought I would but I find myself in the same boat! lol

Anyways, I swapped in the S38 into the E30, attached a trans (265, kept the 280 as a spare for my other E34 M5 that I daily). Installed a 5 lug conversion, E36 M3 front and Z3 I6 rear. Ground Control coilovers, Treehouse lollipops. Got the wiring sorted, car starts but thats where I left it. I put it aside to finish other projects. Will be starting to work on it again this month.

This is what I need to finish:

-cooling system, I did not pound my firewall back so I have little room for a radiator, I have seen some people install rads inside the rad support or even in front of it, I am going to take some measurements and see what I can fit, maybe find something universal from summit racing

-brake booster, cannot seem to fit the E34 M5 one, not sure how other people do this, thought of the idea of running powerboost but not sure what is the best route at this point.

-driveshaft, I will probably just order a rebuilt E30 M3 one or get a custom one made from DSS

-Exhaust, will either get a Ireland catback and mate it upto the S38 headers or get a localshop to do something custom from the headers back, still research what to go with size/muffler wise.

Will start a new thread once I get going on this car again. Any comments or suggestions in the meantime appreciated.
        www.eurowinnipeg.com
        www.E30S38.com
        E30 Mtec2-S38 | V10 TDI treg | E34 M5 | E39 M5 | Corrado turbo VR6

Comment

For cooling, you will be greatly limited if you kept the b36 thermostat. You need to switch to b35 if you want a rad in the normal location. Otherwise you'll need to put a small thick one in the condenser location.

e34 M5 booster fits depending on how far back and low mounted the engine is. I am on 24mm spacers and against the firewall so I had to shave the plenum down 15mm or so to keep from hitting the booster.

For the driveshaft, you'll need to shorten it regardless so just get the m3 one to save some money. I took 4" out of mine.

I recommend single 3" pipe to save weight and flow better then dual 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post

1)For cooling, you will be greatly limited if you kept the b36 thermostat. You need to switch to b35 if you want a rad in the normal location. Otherwise you'll need to put a small thick one in the condenser location.

1a) thats right,, i used the B38 thermo,, as the same as B36

2)e34 M5 booster fits depending on how far back and low mounted the engine is. I am on 24mm spacers and against the firewall so I had to shave the plenum down 15mm or so to keep from hitting the booster.

2a) I used the E34 M5 booster and redrilled 1/2" to the left,, 20 mm aluspacer on the subframe ,, and there is no prpblem at all

3)For the driveshaft, you'll need to shorten it regardless so just get the m3 one to save some money. I took 4" out of mine.

3a) I used the oe 325 from rear and then i used the front of the M5 shaft,, it was welded together and balanced,, you can also use M30/G260 driveshaft to mix it the E30 shaft

Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO V12 M70B50 ///
            ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507
            E34 550 V12 JML

Finnish wisdom : If you want to Win,, hire a Finn

http://alpina.123.is/pictures/

Comment

Update?????????????????????????????
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Working...
              X