President John Richard Kasich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
    Barrack was quite possibly the best President I'll see in my lifetime.
    Seriously? I never really got on the Obama hate bandwagon, but to make such a bold claim like that (and it is very bold) you would have to be completely delusional. Nevermind some of the dumbass things he's done in his second term, ie. Bowe Bergdahl

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
      Seriously? I never really got on the Obama hate bandwagon, but to make such a bold claim like that (and it is very bold) you would have to be completely delusional. Nevermind some of the dumbass things he's done in his second term, ie. Bowe Bergdahl
      Yes, I am proud to stand behind my statement. As I write this his approval rating is 57% which is remarkable given the barrage of negativity that's been directed his way. You're free to disagree and I respect that.
      Last edited by Morrison; 12-19-2016, 05:48 PM. Reason: Fixed.
      "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
      -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
        Barrack was quite possibly the best President I'll see in my lifetime. He was in no way the least qualified. That is a work of fiction that FOX News, the ALT right, and tea-party zealots have been feeding you the past 8 years.

For one, he's highly educated, having attended Occidental College, Columbia University, and Harvard Law School where he also served as President of the Harvard Law Review paper.

He also worked as a senior lecturer at University of Chicago Law School and as a community organizer.

His official political career began in 1996, getting elected to the Illinois state senate. By the time he was elected in 2008, he had served 12 years in state and federal office. Maybe not a lifetime, but not "unqualified" either in my book. Probably too much experience for your side if I'm being honest since your collective placed so much emphasis on being an outsider this election cycle.
        Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
        I read the first quote and thought "how old is this guy"?

Went to the user profile and realized my age is not far off.

Then thought to myself "Reagan or Clinton would be my first thought as best in MY lifetime".

Punched it in Google and the first non-ad result was Forbes...

Image by Beverly & Pack via Flickr In July 2004, Forbes published Presidents and Prosperity -- a special report on America's presidents since 1945. After updating that report's seven economic performance measures to reflect the economic performance of George W. Bush and Barack H. Obama, the conclusion is clear: William J. Clinton was our best [...]

I know when Clinton was president, things were good on a small business level - damn good. I started a contracting company at the ripe age of 20 near the end of his 2nd term and quickly watched small businesses fade shortly after George2 was elected. I couldn't sell my business fast enough, and it crashed shortly after the sale. Fuel prices went through the roof, my property value spiked, then plummeted with him in office. The I thought O was going to make a difference and it all got worse (had another contracting company that was struggling due to market values/surplus), but not really. All that "change" was just a prop IMO. Rich kept getting richer and us hard working middle class got the shaft - AGAIN.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I acknowledge there are valid points of criticism, as I could certainly come up with a few of my own. Barrack wasn't perfect nor has any President been. Reagan and Clinton were both very good as well. On the whole though, Barrack has shown a strength of character in the face of the worst economic disaster since the Great Depression, inheriting 2 wars, a hostile congress, and daily bashing by many media outlets, Repulican presidential candidates, and the new President elect. He's taken every hit in stride for the most part. And to me, the most important aspect to being President is being able to take that hit without being baited into overreaction. I just don't see Trump being able to brush off much of anything without reacting to show how tough he can be like he's got something to prove. In terms of small and large business I'm not sure what Barrack has done specifically to hurt them although I would imagine the criticism would have to lie in his healthcare initiative or some sort of EPA regulation, etc. Congress, led by Republicans for 6 of his 8 years has been in control of the budget, laws etc. I'm not sure on the specifics of your contracting business but I'd be curious to know in your opinion what the President or congress could have done differently to improve your chances of success. I don't mean that as an attack in any way, I really do care.
          "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
          -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
          X