This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 325i
    Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW 325is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #21,222.
    Attached Files
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Those pictures look nice for a poster or instagram, but are terrible for auction pictures.
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
        You should clarify the clear bra will peel off. Typically they don't.

If the bra will peel off make note of that on BAT. I think most buyers will assume the car is going to need paintwork to remove the graphics.
        ^^^ This ^^^ you should post that info.
        I fully assumed it would require sanding and paintwork.
        I think thats critical info in helping the sale.
        Jimmy P.
        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
        92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
        98 318Ti Morea Green
        04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Sorry, I thought everyone knew about how clear bras work. I've had them on several cars, so I just took it for granted. I took your guys' advice, and put a post in the comment section of the listing. Hopefully that will "clear" it up.

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
            i don't actually find this car that distastefully done? maybe i'm desensitized by stance kids and veilside and rocket bunny body kits and etc.

i hope the buyer hits the dyno for us. i'd love to see what a metric mechanic 2.5 S14 puts down. why are we not discussing that engine, r3v? i kinda have a boner about it.

you're a solid dude for helping friends like this; good luck with the sale.

Metric Mechanic claims 255hp in their literature. I have a receipt in Chuck's folders for 3 Dyno pulls. But I don't have the results anywhere. I suspect he has them electronically on his computer somewhere. I just didn't poke around that much in the computer.

Comment

1988 M3
              Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #21,247.
              Attached Files
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by gareno View Post
                Metric Mechanic claims 255hp in their literature. I have a receipt in Chuck's folders for 3 Dyno pulls. But I don't have the results anywhere. I suspect he has them electronically on his computer somewhere. I just didn't poke around that much in the computer.

Yah I was just looking for photos from a dyno day several years back that an M3 with a MM 2.5 had just been installed. I remember the owner was less than pleased with the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  Yah I was just looking for photos from a dyno day several years back that an M3 with a MM 2.5 had just been installed. I remember the owner was less than pleased with the results.

If it's the car I'm thinking of, it made 5 more WHP than my tired 300k mile M50 (172 vs 177whp)
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                    If it's the car I'm thinking of, it made 5 more WHP than my tired 300k mile M50 (172 vs 177whp)
                    I think so, and that sounds about right. I have the video of it on the dyno, but not the board with the results.
                    2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                      Those pictures look nice for a poster or instagram, but are terrible for auction pictures.

I loved this car until I saw the rear valence photos. Damn cancer. Wonder how bad the battery box is.

This probably would have fetched at least 12K, but not with the rust. At least in my opinion.
                      90 Bronzit 325is
                      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

I remember that dyno day. My MIGHT ETA made a thunderous 99whp
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Shoot, my PRO3 only laid down 135/135.

So don’t feel too bad.

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
                            I loved this car until I saw the rear valence photos. Damn cancer. Wonder how bad the battery box is.

This probably would have fetched at least 12K, but not with the rust. At least in my opinion.

Spent its life in Ohio, not surprised.
                            1991 318iC
                            1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                              Shoot, my PRO3 only laid down 135/135.

So don’t feel too bad.
                              My bone stock 1991 325i with a 4.10 LSD and stock wheels won the "lowest power of the day" award at a reasonable 145hp / 146 tq.
                              sigpic
                              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

The one I'm selling on BAT, is ending tomorrow at 1:25pm Central time.
                                Bid for the chance to own a Modified 1990 BMW M3 2.5L at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #21,140.

Comment

Working...
                                X