What is this Panjo crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a weird Panjo moment last week.

I listed a pedal set and got a few PMs, the first of which ended up being the buyer. He agreed to pay outside of Panjo, would cover the Paypal fees and said he would send the payment in a little bit. Perfect, sounds good. We agreed that I would get his shipping info and name from his Paypal payment.

Then I receive a payment through Panjo which deducted their 9%. I assumed this was the buyer I had been discussing the parts with and got a little annoyed because now I wasn't getting the price I wanted. Whatever, I can deal with it this once.

Then I got a payment for the full price that had been agreed upon through Paypal. WTF is going on?

Turns out someone had randomly paid for the parts without discussing with me and had sent the money through Panjo. I got in touch with Panjo support and they said to just refund the money to them, and they would refund to the random buyer.

So the Panjo system allowed someone to pay for parts without ever getting in touch with the seller- like eBay I guess? The problem is, that's not how classifieds work on forums!

Needless to say the parts are on their way to the person I negotiated with. What a PITA!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
      There seems to be a panjo rep that has email alerts set to monitor this thread. Posting up there would be your best bet I'm guessing: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=388824
      I don't want to sound like a Drama queen, but I'm just kind of done with the whole thing. I'll just list to r3v FB, eBay, and re-use old FS threads.
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
        I had a weird Panjo moment last week.

I listed a pedal set and got a few PMs, the first of which ended up being the buyer. He agreed to pay outside of Panjo, would cover the Paypal fees and said he would send the payment in a little bit. Perfect, sounds good. We agreed that I would get his shipping info and name from his Paypal payment.

Then I receive a payment through Panjo which deducted their 9%. I assumed this was the buyer I had been discussing the parts with and got a little annoyed because now I wasn't getting the price I wanted. Whatever, I can deal with it this once.

Then I got a payment for the full price that had been agreed upon through Paypal. WTF is going on?

Turns out someone had randomly paid for the parts without discussing with me and had sent the money through Panjo. I got in touch with Panjo support and they said to just refund the money to them, and they would refund to the random buyer.

So the Panjo system allowed someone to pay for parts without ever getting in touch with the seller- like eBay I guess? The problem is, that's not how classifieds work on forums!

Needless to say the parts are on their way to the person I negotiated with. What a PITA!
        Honestly NOT having to keep track of offers/payments is nice. On non panjo payments I am always withholding my receiving paypal until a buyer is ready so that I don't get double payments.

Most are making this too problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
          Honestly NOT having to keep track of offers/payments is nice. On non panjo payments I am always withholding my receiving paypal until a buyer is ready so that I don't get double payments.

Most are making this too problematic.
          I couldn't agree more.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

The old way was just so simple that I don't understand how Panjo makes it better. I know it makes James life easier and stress free, but theres a lot of people who love this site who would be wiling to help moderate the FS section, and even more who would be willing to donate money to help find a solution and to fund the forum.
            My Garage
            Feedback

Comment

It has practically nothing to do with for sale forum moderation, and very little to do with funding the site.

Again, as we need to do every few pages, I'll remind everyone to reread James' comments and reasoning for giving Panjo a chance to earn our business.

Comment

The only thing I'll add is that the email spam from Panjo on a daily basis is ridiculous.

I got an email ad for custom doggie tombstones available on panjo. Really? I mean really?
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                  The only thing I'll add is that the email spam from Panjo on a daily basis is ridiculous.

I got an email ad for custom doggie tombstones available on panjo. Really? I mean really?
                  I'll second this.
                  I've "unsubscribed" from their emails repeatedly, and still receive them at least every week.

Comment

What is this Panjo crap

Originally posted by agent View Post
                    It has practically nothing to do with for sale forum moderation, and very little to do with funding the site.

Again, as we need to do every few pages, I'll remind everyone to reread James' comments and reasoning for giving Panjo a chance to earn our business.

Actually, it has everything to do with moderation of the for sale forums and being able to pay someone to do that, as well as helping to pay to run the site.

Maybe you should re-read post #28.

If someone wants to moderate the sale forums free of charge and people would be willing to donate to help this place stay in the black why shouldn't we give that a chance as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    sigpic
                    1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
                    I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

Originally posted by itsonlygeorge View Post
                      Actually, it has everything to do with moderation of the for sale forums and being able to pay someone to do that, as well as helping to pay to run the site.

Maybe you should re-read post #28.

If someone wants to moderate the sale forums free of charge and people would be willing to donate to help this place stay in the black why shouldn't we give that a chance as well?
                      Yes, the decision to go with Panjo has a lot to do with it. Having a for sale forum moderator and continuing with a separate (user-managed) payment system doesn't resolve the issue of a buyer emailing James every day complaining about a deal gone bad.

For clarity, here's post #28 quoted in its entirety, highlights mine:

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                      This, what Nando said above.

Here's the deal, Every.. Single.. Day, I get people complaining about users in for sale threads, prices too high, ripoffs, scammers, etc.. every... single...day.

So I respond to some of them, however i have a day job and a life, so I get behind, now I have people complaining about how, "James never responds, James does not care, etc...etc"

Panjo and I started talking and yes its also a business decision, I cannot handle playing Judge Judy for the classifieds section, I cannot ask someone for FREE to handle that either, Panjo works as a third party, hence why they need to be paid as well.

Yes, change sucks, No you don't need to use Panjo for payment if you don't want to, yes this is for the best.

Every single thing needs to at least pay for itself.. I ran this thing for over 6 years without making a dime on it, and at the point now I need R3V to be in the black on my books, its a business as well as something i'm very passionate about.

This year we lost money, the E30Picnic R3V party was down in attendance, so we lost about $600 bucks, that I paid for out of pocket, so all of those who attended could have a good time.

Please don't turn this into a, "James just wants to make money thing", and please don't turn this into a "this is the death of R3V thing"

The world is not free, every month I get hosting bills, we have server upgrades and replacement, licensing fee's, etc.. it all adds up..

Those running with pitchforks need to realize things from my perspective as well

If folks want to donate to the site to help put it in the black I certainly encourage them to do so. However, I doubt it's an either/or thing; donations will not mean the removal of Panjo. Again, reference the emphasized quotes above.

Comment

If you go back through the thread I was very welcoming to Panjo at first, but it just shifted the headaches from one person to the others. Its very buggy and like George said we constantly get emails that we've tried to unsubscribe from. It seems the the community is still very against Panjo. This thread is 4 months old, I'm just wondering when has Panjo had its "chance" so the community start brainstorming an fix that works for both James and us.
                        My Garage
                        Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                          If you go back through the thread I was very welcoming to Panjo at first, but it just shifted the headaches from one person to the others. Its very buggy and like George said we constantly get emails that we've tried to unsubscribe from. It seems the the community is still very against Panjo. This thread is 4 months old, I'm just wondering when has Panjo had its "chance" so the community start brainstorming an fix that works for both James and us.
                          Agreed. Though I bet it will need a little more than 4 months.
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Haven't found a "panjo FAQ" yet (if there is one please redirect me), nor have i found an answer while searching...

Seems to me one of the biggest advantages would be to be able to cross post FS ads on multiple forums instead of having to make a half dozen separate ads. How can I do that?

EDIT: yea the 10% loss on items sold through panjo is brutal, especially on expensive stuff
                            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post

EDIT: yea the 10% loss on items sold through panjo is brutal, especially on expensive stuff
                              I think I am just going to start inflating the price so that I get what I actually want after the panjo fees.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                              Transaction feedback
                              - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                                I think I am just going to start inflating the price so that I get what I actually want after the panjo fees.
                                but who's going to pay more just to buy it there? For example, I have a brand new clutch kit retails for like 850ish I wan tot sell it for 800 with some extra stuff which I think makes it a good deal but if I sell it inflated for panjo its now more expensive than when new
                                '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X