Miss-Shifft-Almost die Yesterday at the Ilegal S.Races&V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss-Shifft-Almost die Yesterday at the Ilegal S.Races&V

Guys, I swear in the past that this unfortunatly things wouldn't ever happen to me, but yesterday happened, while I was in the ilegal street races, I race a higly tuned Hyundai Scoupe Turbo and when I wanted to past from 3th to 4th I enagged by mistake 2th , almost went to hell just when i was taking a fast corner ( I was arround 130 Km/h).
    In the lastest weeks I noticed my shift knob wear, that should be the problem, for luck I didn't overreved the engine due the fast reaction of me ;) lol

anyway ---> here the story http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...24#post2163224

and also took two little vids, that Scoupe ran very fast, vs this Toyota Starlet coupe with a swapped 1.6L DOHC 4AGE engine reving up to 10K RPM!!

PS: Sorry for the poor quality of the vid, I forgot to setup for night shots the Handy
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Hate to break it to you bro, but I don't think this thread will be appreciated by the mods... just a heads up. ;)
    Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Originally posted by ToplessE30
      Hate to break it to you bro, but I don't think this thread will be appreciated by the mods... just a heads up. ;)
      Why?
      James Peacock

WWFSMD?

Comment

I have a feeling somebody's gonna get flamed....

But Gary, since he doesn't live in the states I dunno if the nature of his street racing post will be of any consequence.
        My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

Last edited by lukasbmw; 11-12-2008, 01:22 AM.
          2004 SL600 - Current
          ------------------------
          2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
          2004 M3 SMG - Sold
          1999 540i Sport - Sold :(
          1989 325i coupe- Sold
          1988 325is M50 M-tec - Sold :(

Comment

Maybe it was your lucky day. I've seen more than one very costly 4th gear/2nd gear mistakes.
            Don't forget the good things Hitler did.

Comment

vid links don't work

Glad you didn't toast the motor, that would have sucked in a big way.

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
              '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
              '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
              SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

Originally posted by ToplessE30
                Yep. sorry. Glad to here you are ok though :?

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

:ibtd:
                  Keep the racing on the track, fellas.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

we don't have track here, at least one, and sucks and it's pretty away from here, well not much, that's why we race at high hours in the night on the street!! :P

btw...those links works pretty good
                    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Working...
                    X