Car Meets in NYC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Meets in NYC?

Hey guys just wondering, are there any meet ups for us e30 guys around New York?
    I've had E30s for the past three years and never have I met a fellow person with an E30 to even befriend around here lol.
    Just wondering, it'd be cool to take drives out to Bear Mountain and others as a group. Just not sure if something like this already exists
    sigpic
    2008 E60 528Xi - Daily
    1991 E30 318iS S50 ///M
    1987 E30 325 [SOLD]

Follow my build thread!
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=385058

Originally posted by Mike_z View Post
    Hey guys just wondering, are there any meet ups for us e30 guys around New York?

I've had E30s for the past three years and never have I met a fellow person with an E30 to even befriend around here lol.

Just wondering, it'd be cool to take drives out to Bear Mountain and others as a group. Just not sure if something like this already exists

There's a couple! I feel the same way you do tho so I stopped driving my E30 for a while and started driving the E36, wdu know everyone drives a damn E36 lol.

Where are you located? I live in Queens and work in LI.
    I know OMG Motorsports has hosted a couple of small gatherings I've never been able to make it to but he knows plenty of people with E30's. Good shop if you need work done as well.

Comment

Btw I meant there's a couple of people with E30's not that there are a couple of meets lol

Comment

There's a lot more activity when Springtime hits. Lots of weekly meets on Long Island, Cars & Coffee on Sundays at Captree Park is a big one. There's a weekly meet in summer on Thursday nights in Glen Cove and then they all cruise to the late night meet at Home Depot parking lot in Westbury. Friday nights are big at Shake Shack near Roosevelt Field Mall.

On bimmerforums we organize a few NYC get togethers but those are really for gratuitous drinking and hanging out, no cars are present.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordo0208 View Post
          There's a couple! I feel the same way you do tho so I stopped driving my E30 for a while and started driving the E36, wdu know everyone drives a damn E36 lol.

Where are you located? I live in Queens and work in LI.
          I know OMG Motorsports has hosted a couple of small gatherings I've never been able to make it to but he knows plenty of people with E30's. Good shop if you need work done as well.
          That's great! haha, I'm from Brooklyn, Williamsburg.
          I've heard of OMG motorsports but never been there or met them yet but I do plan on it! I'll try to have my eyes peeled for any meet ups from them I suppose!
          sigpic
          2008 E60 528Xi - Daily
          1991 E30 318iS S50 ///M
          1987 E30 325 [SOLD]

Follow my build thread!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckdizzle View Post
            There's a lot more activity when Springtime hits. Lots of weekly meets on Long Island, Cars & Coffee on Sundays at Captree Park is a big one. There's a weekly meet in summer on Thursday nights in Glen Cove and then they all cruise to the late night meet at Home Depot parking lot in Westbury. Friday nights are big at Shake Shack near Roosevelt Field Mall.

On bimmerforums we organize a few NYC get togethers but those are really for gratuitous drinking and hanging out, no cars are present.
            I'm definitely going to keep those places in mind. Took a picture for future reference, I definitely want to go out to a cars and coffee event once in a while. Is there a lot of people at the Glen Cove spot? I hate to say but I am a bit shy when it comes to meeting new people, especially when you drive up to a meet up you've never been at where everyone knows each other hahah, will try to come out there nonetheless
            sigpic
            2008 E60 528Xi - Daily
            1991 E30 318iS S50 ///M
            1987 E30 325 [SOLD]

Follow my build thread!

Comment

I'm definitely going to keep those places in mind. Took a picture for future reference, I definitely want to go out to a cars and coffee event once in a while. Is there a lot of people at the Glen Cove spot? I hate to say but I am a bit shy when it comes to meeting new people, especially when you drive up to a meet up you've never been at where everyone knows each other hahah, will try to come out there nonetheless
              The Glen Cove meet is fairly active, from there the BMW folks cruise to the Home Depot lot in Westbury. With my work schedule I can't make it to Glen Cove in time so I usually meet everyone in westbury, it goes from 9pm - midnight. It's a very relaxed meet at Home Depot, no parking lot shenanigans or gratuitous engine revving.

Comment

I'm in BK Heights. Been thinking of organizing a drive up the Taconic to meet up with fellow E30 enthusiasts. One of them I bought wheels from last year. Plus, that's a fun drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's great! haha, I'm from Brooklyn, Williamsburg.
                  I've heard of OMG motorsports but never been there or met them yet but I do plan on it! I'll try to have my eyes peeled for any meet ups from them I suppose!
                  +1 for OMG Motorsports. I'm hoping they put together a meet to celebrate their new location, still under construction. There was a really nice beach park meet they organized last summer with a big BBQ.

Comment

Cant help but chime in!

Hoping to do something cool this summer as well once we're up and running. Maybe a BBQ for the grand re-opening!
                    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by BklynE30Dude View Post
                      I'm in BK Heights. Been thinking of organizing a drive up the Taconic to meet up with fellow E30 enthusiasts. One of them I bought wheels from last year. Plus, that's a fun drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a VERY fun drive and depending how far up you go there's beautiful scenery as well. I've neglected my E30 since I bought my E36 M3, I'm gonna have to show her some love if these meets and drives are gonna get going!!

Comment

There is a good c&c every Sunday am in Yorktown heights and a decent bimmer attendance... But my friend and I will be heading to the meet at the fireside restaurant in Paramus. He's got a 91 ix and I'll be there with my vert . you'll see our two red e30's there.
                        Now on my 26th BMW...

Comment

lonely Delphin sedan in Richmond Hill Queens checking in!
                          I agree.. the e30s in Queens are far and few between...

I guess i will have to wait until the summer of 2017 to come out and play again...
                          Hunkering down for this winter and will add to my parts/mods list for summer fun :)

Comment

There are probably more E30's in Queens than any other place... I live in Brooklyn and see an E30 maybe once or twice a month. The Williamsburg/Greenpoint area does have a larger concentration though.
                            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

you could be true... its funny how only when you own a car then you tend to notice more of those cars around.

I saw a red vert speeding through my block over the weekend... and a black vert on bags 2 weeks ago... with a car seat in the back.....

so.. yea.. lets see how next summer goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X