Fog Light Lens Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mote View Post
    I know there must be a million DIY's on replacing the fog light lenses, but here is my take. And hey, the more resources the better!

...every E30 at one point or another has cracked or even broken the lenses off.

Enjoy!
    what kind of bumper is that? is it compatible to a '90 325iC?

Comment

make sure you purchase lamin-x or some other protective film for those covers. Being plastic and not glass, they will pit way faster and look milky. A 10 investment will keep the lights looking new!
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Can you use H3 hid's on your fogs?

Comment

you can install HIDs in where the fogs go yes!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Is there a writeup for an HID install on the fogs?I'm really interested in doing this!

Comment

you can get plug and play kits for them.

Comment

great write up....i F*ed up and bought aftermarket replacement fog's still waiting for them to get here but if they dont look like yours im flippin them and getting these lens
                "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                  49 bux for a set for the fogs, thats alot haha
                  roffle

one new fog is like, $150? and you think $50 is a lot for basically two new ones?
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

fyi i just picked up a pair of plastic fog light covers on ebay through dtmwerks or something like that for 10 bucks for one of my e30s.

Comment

Excellent write up. What type of clear silicone adhesive did you buy?
                      Practice the study of E30ology.

Comment

Use a black silicone adhesive, trust me it looks much better than the clear. Something like Permatex Black Silicone Adhesive Sealant works decently, it's available at pretty much all pepboys/oreilly/autozone type stores.

Comment

Thanks for the reply ^^^
                          Practice the study of E30ology.

Comment

ehh, whats this about plug/play HID fogs? So absolutely no drilling, modification required?

Also for those with the plastic lenses. notice any fogging, or yellowing yet?
                            Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                            http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Comment

many thanks
                              My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
                              1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
                              IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
                              1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Mote View Post
                                Yeah it's not cheap... but the alternative is even more pricey. Plus these are very durable. My guess is I won't need to replace them for a very long time to come, if ever.

I don't think you would ever have to replace them unless you managed to crack one.

If you get some road wear you could always polish it out.

And to prevent that just use some clear vinyl to protect them.

I will be doing this eventually, I have one cracked.

I appreciate the write up and saving me $100 over buying new or used pair.

Comment

Working...
                                X