Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the AC options for the S54 swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the AC options for the S54 swap?

I have looked and cannot find a clear best practice option for having AC in our cars once we do the S54 conversion. I've seen E36 options, E46 options, "r134" thrown around all over the place.

Does anyone have a clear answer and list of parts needed to make it work?

Reference this thread:

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...5&postcount=76

I am using the M3/Z4M Compressor, and all fittings/orings swapped for r134. gpeterson makes a CAN BUS adapter to trigger a relay for AC as seen above.

Comment

E36 compressor has a better fit, but I was able to use the stock E46 M3 compressor. You need a can bus Gpeterson makes (or make your own) for it to turn on and off and be variable like the stock one does.

You also need to convert to R134 to go that route. That means changing the valve, dryer and a few other little things.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I also made the e46 compressor fit with the Mishimoto radiator. The stock plastic end tank radiator was extremely close. Customer is seeing 27° at the vents with a parallel flow condensor and 134. I TIG welded e30 lines to the e46 fittings.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          I also made the e46 compressor fit with the Mishimoto radiator. The stock plastic end tank radiator was extremely close. Customer is seeing 27° at the vents with a parallel flow condensor and 134. I TIG welded e30 lines to the e46 fittings.
          Yep I used the Mishimoto radiator too, tried it with the OEM Z3M radiator, but because of the plastic tanks it wouldnt work.
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
          X