No announcement yet.

JOM Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My install went reall smooth with these. Not the best handling but a great value. With the early body cars there is a serious rake even with the rear adjuster out. There is no slamming the rear with this kit and the supplied springs.

Front adjuster and spring perch is really cool!

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
      I'm not really sure what you are asking. The shocks are stock length, there is no modification required to run these. How low do you plan on running these? All the way down? Then if you care how your car rides, get shortened housings. Leaving it at a reasonable height? Plenty of shock travel.
      He was talking about the RSM's GroundControl offers for people who want to slam it. I was suggesting he did, but seeing as halston's car is being run with no adjuster in the rear and its still that high he shouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by darvo View Post
        What rear tire size are you running? Wheel and tire specs?
        They are 205.50.15.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it here, get yourself some GC rear springs to mate with this setup and it's a fantastic handling setup. The only complaint I ever got was that I went TOO stiff in the rear on my spring choice (800lb rear). The handling is dandy for what it is. It's not track suspension. I bottomed out more on GC's than I did on this kit and that had heavily to do with the fact that I was too soft for as low as I dailied all of my E30's.

Fantastic write up.
          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

these wouldnt work on a 85 325e without changing the strut housing would they?

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
              I've said it before and I'll say it here, get yourself some GC rear springs to mate with this setup and it's a fantastic handling setup. The only complaint I ever got was that I went TOO stiff in the rear on my spring choice (800lb rear). The handling is dandy for what it is. It's not track suspension. I bottomed out more on GC's than I did on this kit and that had heavily to do with the fact that I was too soft for as low as I dailied all of my E30's.

Fantastic write up.
              Does GC make their own springs? I was under the impression they used Eibachs And roughly how much would those be?
              just doin track stuff :-P

"When was the last time you drove an e30 without a smile on your face?"

Comment

So does anyone have pictures of the rear shocks installed? I want yo see if they stick up as far as mine do in the trunk..

Comment

My question is are these built to last 100k miles? Obviously not the shocks but the rest of the components like the adjusters.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                    I'm not really sure what you are asking. The shocks are stock length, there is no modification required to run these. How low do you plan on running these? All the way down? Then if you care how your car rides, get shortened housings. Leaving it at a reasonable height? Plenty of shock travel.
                    you cant use shortened housings with stock length shocks

Comment

Nice write up - I have a set that were bought over a year ago and will be installed on my 88 vert. I'm doing a new interior and paint now and trying to decide on wheels.
                      I have one question some remove the stock perches on the struts and cut the top off the threaded sleeve and butt the threaded sleeve to a welded collar lower on the strut body to increase drop and ease of adjustability. Is it possible to remove the stock spring perch and mount the threaded strut sleeve as intended at the top of the strut (to hold the shock)then use the adjusters as intended but without the stock perches you would gain adjustability.
                      Does the threaded sleeve need support at its base on the strut body or is the top mount sufficient?
                      Imported from Detroit

Comment

Bama, this is how I installed mine. I did cut the perch off, but I did not hack on the collar. I did it so that if I decided to adjust it any, I wouldn't have to fight with the oem perch in the way.

I'm guessing the top part would be sufficient, but I'm no engineer. There is a "lip" left from the oem perch that if the collar were fail up top, it would only slide that far. I'll try to snap a pic and post it in a little while.

Comment

Great Devil Inc that"s what I wanted to hear.
                          Imported from Detroit

Comment

Here's the pic, sorry ran short on time yesterday to get it put up. I'd say there is at most 1" of room, if something were to happen. Hope this helps.

Comment

My ride Height is wacked out I'm about half way on my collars in the rear and all the way down on my front... Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341009054.519237.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	7144129

Comment

Pics of the front setup? I'm pretty sure you did something wrong...with my fronts all the way down I can lean my phone sideways on the lip (although my tires are small).
                                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X