Is removing the back seat legal in aus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is removing the back seat legal in aus?

as title says, was thinking about taking out the back seat and going for a cage, would it be street legal in aus?

I used to take 6 of the seven seats out of my mum's Mazda MPV. Therefore legal.

I have no idea.

Comment

Ask for forgiveness not for permission

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2
      What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
      90 325ix

Comment

Read Page 18

For any other questions read here
        Last edited by Massimo; 09-06-2012, 12:27 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Depends what state you are in... Im in QLD and my track car is mod plated to 2 seat capacity (although its only had 1 seat in it for like 6 months now...)
          90 318i M62B44 OBD1
          02 530i Touring (Airlift 3P)

Comment

I'm in NT and went to the TAC and put in a proposal to do some mods, removing the seats was the least of their worries as long as the belts came out as well.
            On a side note about belts, when wearing a harness on the road your are dreamed to be not wearing a seatbelt and can be fined. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Saascat1 View Post
              I'm in NT and went to the TAC and put in a proposal to do some mods, removing the seats was the least of their worries as long as the belts came out as well.
              On a side note about belts, when wearing a harness on the road your are dreamed to be not wearing a seatbelt and can be fined. WTF?
              I know from experiance. lol

Because anchorage points bolts ect are not engineered so as far as the police are concerned it is just as good as not wearing one at all.

Also it is stupid to wear one in a car with out a roll bar. If you roll the car and the roof caves in, you body can not slouch forwards so you head gets crushed. Hence why they are illegal.
              sigpic

Comment

I've actually been pondering this myself. I know a ton of people have done it, just wondering the legality of it for street use in California. My plans might include a roll cage blocking off the rear seats, and two Illest Bride's in front. The rear seats of our car are almost pointless, very small and very uncomfortable. Plus rubbing when it goes lower...

Comment

Working...
                X