No announcement yet.

It's a rescue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like a whore, this car is still a dirty bitch.
    Brand new bmw heater control valve. Less than 1k miles, leaking
    When driving on the freeway, the car shakes like Michael J Fox. The only thing in the steering not replaced is the power steering rack. I figured deleting the power steering would solve the chronic leaking all BMWs have with their reservoir. Now the car shakes so bad on the freeway it’s now un settling to drive. So I bought a refurbished e36 rack, remanufactured power steering pump and all new hardware and lines. When I install that in two weeks I’ll try to remember to take photos and post them.

Now it’s new tires. BFG sport comp 2’s.

I’m not sure I’ve let on a dark secret about the build yet. When I built the car, I ran out of money and could not afford pistons or to have my extra 885 head redone. So I have a AMC head on the car and the lack of power is evident throughout the entire power band. the other flaw is that the block was over honed a little too much and the pistons knock when the engine is cold. I should have bought over sided pistons but again, no money.
    To fix this, I recently bought a s52 lower, took the rods and traded the s52 crank and piston for an s50 crank. The s50 crank requires less work and less risk. In a few months I’ll contact bimmerheads to have my extra 885 rebuilt with a cam, port and oversized valves.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Need video of exhaust now that you have long tubes and different mid section.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Exhaust work looks great!
        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
          Exhaust work looks great!
          Thx. it was spendy but worth it.
          Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          Need video of exhaust now that you have long tubes and different mid section.
          i dont have much. but here is what i have.
          i want to say it's quieter now with the headers than before with the stock front + stromung

Last edited by Cabriolet; 06-13-2018, 09:25 PM.
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Loose tripods lead to cracked dashes.

But seriously, the exhaust sounds like the perfect m20.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

amazing

thanks for sharing the link earlier... very impressed at all the work and the family help. Makes me feel wimpy as I've been procrastinating to take off door cards for months now as I hear a rattle on mine... BTW, love the 4 doors and I waited a while to find my 4 door. Well done! I do hope I run into you as I am local...there is no way I will miss that car.

Comment

How about a 2 year update?

I finished school and have an engineering job.
                With that said, money inflow means that my car can take more from me.

Since I last posted, I had my Borbets refinished in Silver but found out that 0 people in the SF bay area can fix old wheel properly so I sold them and had Image wheels make me some three-piece wheels to my specs for less than it cost me to buy my Borbets. I’ve also gone back to a big brake kit but this time from UUC. Parts are way easier to get but they fit poorly and still need a bit of work. I found a nice 318is carpet and installed that in a guy’s driveway in LA. I’ve also had the transmission rebuilt and had Bimmerheads make me the perfect engine for my taste. They built a ported head, +1mm valves, 272 cam, s50 crank, s52 rods, 9.75:1 cr forged Ross pistons. I am still working on a custom tune with MarkD and then I will dyno the car. Bavrest also gave me a fat hookup on a rebuilt AFM and grounding cables. And most recently I finally purchased Bosch smileys.

Reliable is the best description I can say about this car.
                She’s about to do her 5th e30 picnic and I don’t carry tools. I took her to the ziptie drags and we did the grand canyon and 30 miles of off roading on route 66 and to some back rock mine.
                YL7A3852-2
                YL7A3955
                After that CA -> AZ -> CA trip I had the wheels refinished, right before the last e30 picnic.
                YL7A5184

I also wanted to go back to having better brakes so I went the UUC route after my Massive corrado rotors fiasco.
                The UUCs have terrible fitment and I got the BS run-around from Rob, even though I’ve been a loyal customer for 10 years.
                IMG_20170509_202301

I did space the rotor back with good washers but they rotors aren’t 100% perfect as make a slight wush wush sound as I lightly brake.
                But on the plus side I can get pads and rotors overnight from amazon.
                IMG_20170509_200650
                In November 2017 I ordered and in January I received my Image Billet 60 wheels.
                They are staggered offset and sided, which means I can’t easily rotate my wheels but they are still worth it. I love the!

YL7A6688
                YL7A6718

While I was having my engine built by Shant, I got to thinking that I might need a transmission rebuild.
                So for 1500, they also rebuilt one for me. I will do its first oil change this weekend.
                IMG_20180218_140001

Nothing to see here officer, it’s just a harmless stock engine for the car.

IMG_20180218_120218
                IMG_20180225_131229
                IMG_20180225_144253
                *I did clean the oil pan before installing. That is brake clean on it from cleaning parts.
                M20b30
                YL7A7207

1992 block(less webbing), S50 crank, S52 rods, Ross pistons.
                Ported and polished head, polished dome, +1mm new valves, HD springs, HD rockers, new shafts, 272 billet cam, 19lb injectors.
                It feels like and I was going for 220whp

I am currently on my 9th tune from MarkD and we are almost dialed in for the crappy “gas” we have in CA. It takes 5.5sec to go from 2000 to 6900 rpm in second gear. I think we can shave 0.5sec by the time the tune is done.
                IMG_20180328_190739
                ^DD876FD0F2ABACA91688FC34E2869468C0768D24E1801162F B^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr

Well this brings us up to the last thing which is the euro smileys.

YL7A7132

Next weeks projects before driving to Canada and back:
                CV axles, the new engine is breaking the old ones.
                Rear windshield gasket
                Front right wheel bearing. I did the left last year.

IMG_20180605_203648
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

When are you going to dyno it?
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Love those wheels, and have ever since I first saw them on csermonet's old E30.

Comment

Simon, Sakebomb garage. My friend works there.

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                      Love those wheels, and have ever since I first saw them on csermonet's old E30.
                      Me too. They have a nice classic look, they are very inexpensive for what they are and if you bend a lip you can get another very easily based on the order # which is engraved on all the wheel's parts.
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

You've got my favorite E30 sedan!
                        1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                        SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                        Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by TFJR View Post
                          You've got my favorite E30 sedan!
                          Thank you sir. Make sure you say hi next week at the picnic.
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Very nice work, have always been a fan. Excited to see the car in person at the picnic! And to hear your thoughts on the engine.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                              Very nice work, have always been a fan. Excited to see the car in person at the picnic! And to hear your thoughts on the engine.
                              I'm not sure if we got to meet up. There was a ton of amazing people to catch up with this year.
                              As for the engine. It's brilliant! The power is perfect for the chassis.

I have a transmission leak after the trip, ugh gotta fix that.
                              I was living on octane booster the whole trip. The 105F heat was causing it to ping if i pushed it in the smallest amount. I am working on the tune and fuel pressure next week.

YL7A7439 by Eric Berger, on Flickr

I love the car but after I get the hood, door and lip repainted I will post here up on BaT. I am 45k into her and I need to buy a house. Who ever buys her will get a dream, she is 99% perfect and I do love her.
                              Last edited by Cabriolet; 09-19-2018, 08:24 PM.
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

:(
                                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                                X