Who's running Corbeau GTS II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's running Corbeau GTS II?

Thinking about getting a pair of the grey cloth Corbeau GTS II. It looks like they've fixed the classic fading problem in the past couple years and they're nice looking affordable seats.

If you're running the Corbeau GTS II seats, what's your opinion? What brackets are you running? Did you need to shave the base or is that just a money-grab? Inflatable lumbar? Heated seats?

Thanks.

I'm wondering the same thing, new leather+foam for my sport seats will cost roughly the same as a pair of GTS IIs

Comment

Originally posted by JRHemmen View Post
      I'm wondering the same thing, new leather+foam for my sport seats will cost roughly the same as a pair of GTS IIs
      Oh my, I just looked this up: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/52101952587/

It says each cushion is priced each??? So each of the four lower pieces are $200?? Am I reading this correctly??

If that's the case, you're better off taking everything apart, steaming the foam and hope it returns to its original shape, and slapping on the LSeat covers. Good as new ;)
      "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Originally posted by Zambuzan View Post
        Oh my, I just looked this up: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/52101952587/

It says each cushion is priced each??? So each of the four lower pieces are $200?? Am I reading this correctly??

If that's the case, you're better off taking everything apart, steaming the foam and hope it returns to its original shape, and slapping on the LSeat covers. Good as new ;)
        I think I found foam on ECS for $150 for three pieces (center and side bolsters). They had an upper and lower kit. Unfortunately I can't steam because someone ripped a bunch off of the bolsters where the leather ripped.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I found foam on ECS for $150 for three pieces (center and side bolsters). They had an upper and lower kit. Unfortunately I can't steam because someone ripped a bunch off of the bolsters where the leather ripped.

U sure it's $150 for all three? That's not how I'm reading it, and I wouldn't be surprised bc this stuff is prolly NLA.

But if it is just $150, then it's the cheaper route bc who knows what kind of bracketry you'd have to build/buy for the Corbeaus. And you'll definitely have less features than the sport seats.
          "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

U sure it's $150 for all three? That's not how I'm reading it, and I wouldn't be surprised bc this stuff is prolly NLA.

But if it is just $150, then it's the cheaper route bc who knows what kind of bracketry you'd have to build/buy for the Corbeaus. And you'll definitely have less features than the sport seats.
            Here's a 4 piece set for the seat bottom.

Agreed though, I have no idea what brackets would be like for the corbeaus

Comment

Here's a 4 piece set for the seat bottom.

Agreed though, I have no idea what brackets would be like for the corbeaus

Well if it's $186 for all 4 of those lower OEM pads then that seems like a solid deal!

I'll definitely be doing this in the future, my sport seats could use some love lol.

GL making your choice!

Comment

Well if it's $186 for all 4 of those lower OEM pads then that seems like a solid deal!

I'll definitely be doing this in the future, my sport seats could use some love lol.

GL making your choice!
                If you decide to do it and have leftovers please let me know! All I need are the two left bolsters and I don't really want to buy the two kits just for those (though I suppose it'd be more comfortable to have all new foam)

Comment

If you decide to do it and have leftovers please let me know! All I need are the two left bolsters and I don't really want to buy the two kits just for those (though I suppose it'd be more comfortable to have all new foam)

It'll be a while but I'll keep you in mind. But as you say, all new foam will be better. Might as well do it once correctly and be done with it.

Comment

Just put in Corbeaus this weekend and so far so good. I used the Corbeau e30 brackets CATuned sells, but they don't line up perfectly so right now I only have one rear bolt in per seat. I have to pull them out to drill a new hole in the bracket.

I'm 6'3" and didnt get the shaved base and I think they'll be fine. If I had a helmet, I'm sure they'd be too high.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the corbeau sport seats with the corbeau e30 brackets and everything lined up perfect . Also pretty tall and I barely fit too lol

Comment

Working...
                      X