No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah its a Nikon D7100 that I picked up last year. Sigma 18-35 is what has stood out to me. Maybe I'll try to rent it for a weekend and then decided. It'll be a big change shooting wide as I have become so used to my 85 haha.

I don't see my self upgrading bodies for while so getting a crop lens is no biggie to me.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

The reason I kind of recommend it over the others is that its supposed to be a great Astro lens for Crop Cameras.

Tele's are fine until you stitch yet another landscape photo and start to get sick of it.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        The reason I kind of recommend it over the others is that its supposed to be a great Astro lens for Crop Cameras.

Tele's are fine until you stitch yet another landscape photo and start to get sick of it.
        Haha a lot of the photos I recently took in Germany were stiches. Streets too narrow to move back in and churches way too big to fit in one frame.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

_SRC5682 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
          _SRC5676 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
          _SRC5625 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
          _SRC5607 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
          _SRC5593 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

Going to Duluth next weekend, Kinda hoping the weather is shit and I can get some cool pictures of waves near the lighthouse.
          willschnitz

Comment

Run up the north shore about an hour some really nice water falls all along through there but some really cool one at a st park and hour and 20 mins or so out of duluth
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah believe they are called 'gooseberry falls' and we are going there, will bring my 50mm and 10 stop to try and get some cool exposures.

The Tamron came, went out and shot today since it was nice and to get the hang of the lens, its definitely way nicer then i expected from a 3rd party lens that wasnt a sigma art. Now im hoping they make a 70-200 so I can buy this and a 70-200 in the same style and quality.

_SRC5889 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
              _SRC5879 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
              _SRC5909 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
              _SRC5876 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

_SRC6013-3 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

Moon was out so astro didn't really work out, but I think the lens definitely has the potential to work for astro if I want.

Its 10x sharper then my 50mm, which should be obvious but the 50mm has to be stopped to like F4 to actually be sharp, starting around f2.2

Im in love.
              willschnitz

Comment

Probably one of my favorite pictures I've ever taken:
                _SRC6348 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                _SRC6288 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                _SRC6225-2 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                _SRC6187-2 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                _SRC6055 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

im in LOVE with the Tamron 28-75mm,

not in love with the amount of dick sucking im going to have to do to buy it faster...
                willschnitz

Comment

Public Service Annoucement...

Flicker users beware...

Free members with more than (a combination of) 1,000 photos or videos uploaded to Flickr have until Tuesday, January 8th, 2019 to upgrade to Pro or download content over that limit. After January 8th, 2019, members over the limit will no longer be able to upload new photos to Flickr. After February 5th, 2019, for free accounts that contain over 1,000 photos and/or videos, we will begin actively deleting content from your account starting from oldest to newest date uploaded to meet the new limit.

This means I need to find a new home for about 13123 images, and all of the ones posted on here and any other forum will be gone. Epic Fail.

Will
                  '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                  '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                  '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Meh I paid for Pro, $5 a month or $4 a month if you still can use the $20 off coupon for a year.

When you compare that 1-2TB of storage costs 60-80$ a year anywhere else its reasonable. Im hoping SmugMug makes the community aspect of Flickr take off again.

I did already delete 3200 pictures though to clean my flickr up, next is making proper albums and tags.
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                      Public Service Annoucement...

Flicker users beware...

Free members with more than (a combination of) 1,000 photos or videos uploaded to Flickr have until Tuesday, January 8th, 2019 to upgrade to Pro or download content over that limit. After January 8th, 2019, members over the limit will no longer be able to upload new photos to Flickr. After February 5th, 2019, for free accounts that contain over 1,000 photos and/or videos, we will begin actively deleting content from your account starting from oldest to newest date uploaded to meet the new limit.

This means I need to find a new home for about 13123 images, and all of the ones posted on here and any other forum will be gone. Epic Fail.

Will
                      I wish there was a cheaper tier to keep the 1TB of storage... I'm totally cool with paying for a service, but I don't like the only two options being the top tier service, and a severely limited free service... why can't we have some middle ground?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Where's a reputable place to buy Nikon lens parts? The AF motor on my 18-200mm AF-S VR lens died in a rainstorm that I got caught in during an airshow a year ago, haven't bothered to fix it yet, but after going on 2 trips without it I kind of miss it as a travel lens because of the versatility. When tight DOF control and immaculate optics aren't needed it's really nice to have.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                          Where's a reputable place to buy Nikon lens parts? The AF motor on my 18-200mm AF-S VR lens died in a rainstorm that I got caught in during an airshow a year ago, haven't bothered to fix it yet, but after going on 2 trips without it I kind of miss it as a travel lens because of the versatility. When tight DOF control and immaculate optics aren't needed it's really nice to have.
                          Honestly Ebay / Aliexpress / Amazon is going to be your best bet.

Its not a D lens right? AF is indeed in the lens not the body of camera?
                          willschnitz

Comment

Yeah, I had looked on ebay and found the part but I hate buying stuff like that on ebay, it's usually shipped from overseas and it's just so easy to get burned. I already had the lens apart and tried to clean the stuck AF motor and lubricate the gears. AF-S lenses are never screw drive btw.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                              Yeah, I had looked on ebay and found the part but I hate buying stuff like that on ebay, it's usually shipped from overseas and it's just so easy to get burned. I already had the lens apart and tried to clean the stuck AF motor and lubricate the gears. AF-S lenses are never screw drive btw.
                              Yeah I don't know a lot about nikon lenses, IMO their naming scheme and models are overly complicated due to them still selling Screwdrive cameras.

I like screwdrive cause it allows them to make interesting, lighter weight, lenses. But god damn whenever I'm trying to help my Nikon friend pick out a lens its like, 'Hmm which of the 5 lenses of the same focal length is it.
                              willschnitz

Comment

_SRC6623 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                                _SRC6629 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X