Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY: How to Remove & Replace front Subframe (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY: How to Remove & Replace front Subframe (video)

We made a short tutorial video on how to remove and replace a E30 front subframe. Use this only as a general guide because there are many different car configurations which may alter the way your subframe would be handled.
    Your oil pan, type of steering rack, RWD/IX may all make this job slightly different. Use your best judgment, and enjoy the video!

Tools needed:
    - Jack & Jack stands
    - Engine Support Bar
    - Small pry bar (not necessary)
    - Balljoint popper tool
    - 3/8th Ratchet 17mm & 19mm sockets
    - 13mm wrench and/or sockets (1/4 or 3/8) for the steering linkage
    - Balljoint popper

Last edited by JasonC; 08-09-2016, 01:51 PM.
    Check out Salt City Euros on Youtube for E30 / BMW DIY projects and more...youtube.com/saltcityeuros

IG @SaltCityEuros

- Max & Nico

Need to fix your video. Not showing up correctly on here.

Nevrmind, I fixed it for you.
    Last edited by JasonC; 08-09-2016, 01:52 PM.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
        Need to fix your video. Not showing up correctly on here.

Nevrmind, I fixed it for you.

Thank you for that. Shortly after hitting submit, I realized I had messed up, but since the post had to be approved by an Admin, I didn't have the option of fixing anything.
        Check out Salt City Euros on Youtube for E30 / BMW DIY projects and more...youtube.com/saltcityeuros

IG @SaltCityEuros

- Max & Nico

Comment

Man, this video made it super simple for me to drop my subframe. That ball joint separator from Harbor Freight was worth every penny too...
          Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
          COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
            Man, this video made it super simple for me to drop my subframe. That ball joint separator from Harbor Freight was worth every penny too...
            Harbor Freight might sound scary to many but this ball joint separator has been one of the few really good buys there. I've used it on easily over 20 ball joints...great tool. Glad the video was helpful :)

IG @SaltCityEuros

- Max & Nico

Comment

What happened to the video?

Comment

Working...
              X