Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ProgRama "Cash For Cores" Stay Away

*Resolved, see last post*

I recently decided to liquidate most of my cluster parts, which included about 7 good SI boards.

I decided that I’d just send ProgRama the cores, taking advantage of their ‘Cash for Cores’ offer.

I sent in seven SI boards and a circuit board at a rate of $75 per SI board and $25 for the circuit board.

After two weeks of having my boards in house, I decided to email and get an update. I was told that they were still working on them even though they state that a transaction should happen within the two weeks.

After some back and fourth which included ignoring my requests for explanation on how they quantify deductions for missing batteries, I was told that I would only get $145 back for five cores that were deemed good.

I asked why the value changed so drastically from what I was quoted, they said they changed their prices. I asked why they wouldn’t honor the quoted price when they wrote up the purchase order, the rep simply told me that hey would give me a better price if I sent them more cores. I refused.

So, seeing as they completely went back on their website pricing for cores when I initiated the purchase, before they changed their prices, I would say to stay away from ProgRama as far as the ‘cash for cores’ side is concerned.

I’ve filed a complaint with the BBB in Florida as a result of them not honoring their quoted price and for their deceptive pricing practices. While ProgRama did say that my payment was "in the mail" it is MIA since I filed the complaint.
    Last edited by Jordanmilos; 06-21-2019, 05:58 PM. Reason: Issue resolved

What a bunch of jerks!

I will admit that their reman SI boards are pretty good quality.
    Got my tach and mpg guage working again .
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

It's funny cause, all the people that have previously scammed me (or attempted to) were from Florida (aspeedracer345 from eBay, and others), or New York. They claimed the item was received broken, switched internal parts, or claimed they didn't receive the package altogether. Not saying everyone from these states is a scammer, but a damning coincidence.
      Transaction Feedback
      Various E30 Parts for Sale!
      Z3 Steering Racks for Sale!

Current Fleet:
      -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS
      -1989 Bronzit Beige 325iS

Comment

I think you may be onto something.
        West coast ppl. seem to believe in the whole "karma" hippie thing.
        And midwest folk seem interested in long-term business dealings (Blunttech etc).

Whereas East coast folk just don't GAF about anything long term.

Comment

I mean, Florida is where the shit sinks...
          Hank Ahrens
          1984 Alpine Coupe
          1978 911sc

Comment

Resolved

The owner of ProgRama ended up reaching out to me and personally resolved the issue. While I’m not a huge fan of his employees, he went above and beyond in resolving the whole transaction.

Comment

Well...I was born in NY and live in Florida...so if anyone wants some snake oil or cheap swamp land, I must be your guy ��waffles♂️
              Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
              Alice the Time Capsule
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
              87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by Jordanmilos View Post
                The owner of ProgRama ended up reaching out to me and personally resolved the issue. While I’m not a huge fan of his employees, he went above and beyond in resolving the whole transaction.
                Isn't that funny.
                Only once you post this thread on a reputable e30 site do they finally decided to make things right.

Comment

Working...
                X