• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a Birb or two this trip also.

_SRC4493 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

I just got the latest issue of the EAA's Sport Aviation in the mail. I found 4 of my Oshkosh pics featured, the most of any of the volunteer photographers. Considering the people I was shooting with, I guess I shot some good stuff.

And the 4th one was a shot I didn't deem worth uploading... haha.

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Damn Nice, I'm still hoping I can start to move in enough to get some recognition somewhere.
        willschnitz

Comment

Great shots and congrats on the features BlackbirdM3!

Comment

Thanks guys. I gotta say, its kinda weird to see my work in a major publication. Especially when there are others like Moose Peterson and Scott Slocum who are also featured in the magazine. (Scott is an air to air wizard, and Moose is, well, he literally wrote the book on aviation photography.) There was also another guy by the name of Camden Thrasher who is a badass. Check out his stuff here. http://www.camden-thrasher.com/blog/?page_id=6963 Yes, his stuff has influenced mine. (I mentioned that to him and he didn't know what to say, it was pretty funny.)

Will
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Moose is a wizard. Props to you on the feature.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Some boring Daylight pictures:
                _SRC4850 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                _SRC4800 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                _SRC4836-Pano by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                _SRC4752 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

And lots more Astro:
                _SRC5041-Pano by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                _SRC5076 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                _SRC5066 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                _SRC5051 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                _SRC5191 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                _SRC5176-Pano by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                _SRC5165-Pano by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                StarStack attempt, see a small amount of new stars but a lot less noise. Though I didn't take a foreground exposure so its got a blurry mess for that.
                StarStack_Menom_Dunn by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                willschnitz

Comment

I was at the Reno air races last week... I set the shot difficulty rating to beyond category.... I was playing around at 1/40, 500...
                  Yes half the plane is soft, the other half is not.

Now that is some speed blur...

I got lazy and pumped the shutter speed to 1/80, still at 500mm

Different location, 1/60 at 500.

I think I was on fire with the ultra slow shutter speed shooting at 500mm.

Will
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Nice shots dude, keep it up.

Im excited to try out something in the 300-500 range on my sony eventually.
                    willschnitz

Comment

The Reno Air Races produced some of the most epic sunsets and sunrises I've ever seen.

The sunrise shoot with the P63 was super short. It looked like it was going to explode and be awesome, and the higher the sun rose, the more it fell on its face. We got about 2 minutes of awesome light and that was it.

The photo shoot I set up the night before almost didn't happen. Following the last race of the day it was pit party time. Margaritas were being made and everyone was enjoying the evening. The day had been a bit on the grey side, but amazing shapes and shadows to the clouds. Wednesday had been similar, and the sunset just turned into a grey cold evening with no color to be seen. The owners of Full Noise were afraid we were going to get the same thing Friday night. One of the trucks was supposed to come over and tow the plane out, but it was nowhere to be found. I talked to the owner and pilot, and his comment was "Ah bloody hell, we have 30 people here, we can push it out" (he's from New Zealand as well as the rest of the team.) So it was announced that we were going to push the plane out onto the ramp so I could do the photo shoot. Since everyone had been enjoying the libations, they were more than happy to help. So, out went Full Noise to the ramp. The owners were skeptical that the sunset was going to go, and I kept asking them to have some faith. I could see a clear line between the top of the mountains and the bottom of the clouds, however there was a thin layer of dark clouds hanging just above the mountains that threatened to kill the sunset. What unfolded was something that will be remembered for years to come.

The best way to finish off the shoot was with a night engine run. Jay, the crew chief had not been drinking and agreed to fire it up so I could do what turned out to be the best night run of the week. (there was one other, that I missed that was not nearly as impressive.)

It was really a great time working with the guys from New Zealand. I hope they can make it back next year, but the shipping costs are monumentally high and they really need a good sponsor to make it happen.

Will
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Comment

Guys, looking for recommendations on a new lens. Ive been wanting something wide for my crop sensor camera. I cant imagine Ill use wider than 18mm and really have been looking at 20 or 24mm primes. I want to be able to use it kinda as an all purpose lens to go along with my 85mm and a kit 35mm I have that I don't really like the quality of anymore.

Really I want something to be able to use inside during the Montana winters for maybe food, products, or venue events. And portraits later on if possible. Would you lean towards a 20mm 1.8 or get something like a 24-70? Any advice, experience, or whatever would be appreciated.

Comment

I find the 24-105F4 I have to be very useful and can be had for really cheap money for L glass but it is a bit slow for dark indoor work with out extra lighting. I would be ok with a 24-70 as I dont normally shoot much below 20mm anyway and tend to hang around in the 28-40 range. Unless of course its a wide landscape or Auroras then I break out the old 17-35 F2.8...

What is your corp, is it a XXD or D7(MKII) or 1 of the rebel variants, Sensor tech and resolution will help you make a better choice for this kinda thing if your trying to stay away from using a lot of fill flash all the time inside
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Because of crop you probably want something like a 16-35 or similar

hes nikon crop
                              willschnitz

Comment

For Nikon you have a few options for Crop.

14-24 $$$$$$$$$$
                                16-35 F4 $$$$$
                                Tokina 16-28 F2.8 $$
                                Sigma 18-35 F1.8 $$$ (actually really good from what i hear)
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X