LS series e30 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LS series e30 swap

Random and probably a dumb question, but when im looking for LS swap parts online, majority of stuff is labeled as LS1..

If im looking to do an LS2 or LS 3 swap, will those same LS1 parts fit on the e30 swap or do i need to find specific LS2 or LS3 parts? Obviously the wiring will matter when i get to that point.

Using a z3 steering rack will work with the LS2/3 just like the LS1 right?

Garagistic seems to have all the LS1 parts, just wondering if they are gonna be compatible with the LS2/3.

Thanks

I have a 85 325e that has just recently been gutted, engine and transmission pullled, waiting for the sandblasting shop. Going to take care of all the suspension, brakes and subframes before i go into the engine and transmission swap.

Should be fine, I think it's the truck motor that has different mounts from the LS, any actual LS should have the same mounting. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Yayrea View Post
      Random and probably a dumb question, but when im looking for LS swap parts online, majority of stuff is labeled as LS1..

If im looking to do an LS2 or LS 3 swap, will those same LS1 parts fit on the e30 swap or do i need to find specific LS2 or LS3 parts? Obviously the wiring will matter when i get to that point.

Using a z3 steering rack will work with the LS2/3 just like the LS1 right?

Garagistic seems to have all the LS1 parts, just wondering if they are gonna be compatible with the LS2/3.

Thanks

I have a 85 325e that has just recently been gutted, engine and transmission pullled, waiting for the sandblasting shop. Going to take care of all the suspension, brakes and subframes before i go into the engine and transmission swap.
      As far as swap kits go it doesn't matter if its a LS1, LS9 or anything in between. Just be careful if your using a truck block, I've heard they have different mounting points. I've personally myself haven't ran into this problem. I'm using a truck block (LC9) mounts like any other LS engine.

Using a Z rack will be fine.

Here is link to most if not all LS engines available along with their specs and what vehicles they came in http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...to-ls-engines/
      Last edited by Supadave; 10-01-2018, 01:57 PM. Reason: typo
      sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

All "LS" series engines have the same mounting points (not including front wheel drive versions). The difference lies in the accessories, intakes, heads, etc.
        However, the mounting points are different from the older generation "SBC" found pre 97.
        Current: '91 DS M3, '03 TS M3 (6MT)
        '06 Chevy 2500 Duramax - Race car hauler, '90 Corvette - Weekend toy
        Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
        1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

IG: RDE_Fabrications
        Check us out
        Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

I recently finished my ls2 swap. I used sikky parts for my swap and I also use a z3 rack. This was my first time ever doing anything like this and it wasn't too bad.

I used a wiring specialties pnp harness and they should be running a black sale soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sgtskid View Post
            All "LS" series engines have the same mounting points (not including front wheel drive versions). The difference lies in the accessories, intakes, heads, etc.
            However, the mounting points are different from the older generation "SBC" found pre 97.
            This is incorrect. Truck blocks don't have the front mounting holes that the aluminum blocks have.
            1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
            COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Working...
            X