Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a dream car of mine. Red e30 m3 vert with a 24v swap? It only needs itbs. Beautiful. I want to build one one day and this one is so close. Maybe I should get it, all those parts add up.

But that all goes out the window with that salvage title. Look at the strut reinforcement. That's flexed like crazy. Hard pass. It needs to go on a body rack at the very least.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
      Look at the strut reinforcement. That's flexed like crazy. Hard pass. It needs to go on a body rack at the very least.
      which photo, i'm not seeing it?
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Wondering if I can make this a Brilliantrot (308) vert instead. It has a clean title and Anthracite M Cloth to boot but the CD43 has to go!

Wait, all kidding aside, that's not a Z3 radio. Did BMW make a single CD unit for the e30?

Ad says "A later U.S. BMW factory CD player has been installed and it works" but never really seen that unit.

Javier
        Last edited by Javier h; 08-25-2018, 06:13 PM.

Comment

its a BMW Business CD RDS
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

1988 BMW E30 M3

Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW E30 M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #12,058.

Comment

bmw did indeed make a factory CD player for e30. it first appeared in 1991 or 1992. probably not original to this car but very rare indeed. I remember seeing this radio on an original window sticker. if I recall correctly, the cost was well over 2000.00!

I think that red vert tribute will sell for +20k even though it is a salvage car.

the last one, as mentioned above was silver, had a previous salvage title that was found on car fax, an m20 engine, and sold for around 18k. I saw this car in Las Vegas before it was put on BAT, the fit and finish were pretty marginal.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                Vasek Polak Jr. used to come to our shop and speak to our resident German at least once a year so I would look at his car while he was conversing.

Nice car. Not perfect, plenty of signs of use, but obviously well-kept and enjoyed.
                1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

The one thing that bothers me about the listing:

The 2.3-liter S14 inline-four was fitted with an Evo intake and Euro non-catalyst exhaust system by its second owner.

Did they then ADD a couple cats?
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Oops I didn't see the quote. Maybe they are older pics or the seller doesn't know what he's talking about.
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Maybe they mean it has a 2pc evo header. Still has full US center section...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
                      '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
                      '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
                      iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
                      sigpic

Comment

At the M3 Cab lookalike - wouldn't a salvage title be irrelevant to somebody who exports the car?

Comment

Aside from the e36 M3 4/5, these auctions are going up like we’re still in Monterey Car Week, with the $48 million Ferrari GTO.

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                          BAT going HAM today with an e30 M3, e46 M3 Competition Package, S52 M Coupe with low mileage, 2002tii (m20 swapped), and an e36 M3 4/5.

I’d wager a bet they go in price in the order I listed above. What does r3v think?
                          Last edited by robrez; 08-29-2018, 01:54 PM.
                          sigpic
                          January 2012 COTM

Comment

Jeebus - 20K, and everyone claiming it's a bargain/deal of the day.

Wooo-wooo, hype train rollin' through.
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Yeah

They see a rep and go crazy.

How much would it cost to duplicate that car if you had to source it out?

Seems like the local shops charge $10k for the swap (engine/tranny).

Paint/body finish is another $10k....with the hassles of sourcing these NLA parts which people want and arm and a leg for.

Unless you wrench, you'll be into it $20k with suspension, wheels, interior, top and yes lets not forget the donor car which now a days, could be $5k for a decent rust free example that hasn't been beaten to death.

We all remember how these reps would sell for $10k. You could still find them if you look hard enough.

Wasn't a steal but well bought assuming no frame damage, fitting issues are okay, the quality of paint/prep was taken seriously. Without documentation, you just never know.

Wondering how much more it would have fetch if the title was clean?

There is a rep on S14.net where the seller wants $40k but that car is a totally different well documented one off build.
                              Last edited by Javier h; 08-31-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Am I the only one, who thinks the guy selling all these cars, is the new Vladimir Kravets?
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X