junk yard in the morning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kikkoman View Post
    Lastly, I wished everyone that pull parts do it cleanly so not to break other parts that others might want/need. Just public curtesy and my humble opinion.
    YES! I hate that shit.

View my transaction feedback:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=161185

Comment

Originally posted by e30fools*wife View Post
      even if I had the money, I'd still be driving this 20 yr old shit! LOL I drive it as a choice.
      +1000000!

Originally posted by e30fools*wife View Post
      Yeah hitting up the yards intstead of going to a wedding, Thats what Im talkin about!!
      Maybe he can show up at the yard in a tuxedo this weekend :)

Comment

lol...e30 wife and kikko....

i love the old bimmers ....but dam it would be nice....
        im not really into all the computers in the new ones
        these new cars are too dam smart for my tastes...but twin turbos would be bomb!!!!

and this is what happens when you get impaitent w cars at the junk yard...
        be nice to junk cars they are our friends...not food! =)

blood and oil DO mix!
        Attached Files
        bimmerboltsandparts.com

bring back the neeked broads!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kikkoman View Post
          YES, that's the one! I couldn't tell the ones in the front but the backs are definitely Billies. It looked like someone already tried to take the whole right front strut assembly but decided not to. Someone with a vert should try to grab it.

I also saw at least one crack-free (but not exactly perfect) dash which I really need but didn't have time or the inclination to pry it free. Maybe next time if still available but I'm open to paying einstein a nominal fee for one :)

Lastly, I wished everyone that pull parts do it cleanly so not to break other parts that others might want/need. Just public curtesy and my humble opinion.
          Next time I go I'll rescue all the good dash's and bring them to a meet.what I'm about to say is based on factual events that I have witnessed. Its those stupid damn mexicans who ruin perfect dashboards for burnt out obc lights and sauggie odometer gears.that and some people are just to stupid to properly open a broken glovebox.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
            some people are just to stupid to properly open a broken glovebox.
            THE TRUTH!! I saw the same exact thing a few days ago. I was taking out the central locking and some guy comes up, hops in from the driver side, moves over to the pass side, starts yanking out/hitting the dash to get out the plastic over the ecu, got the ecu out and left.

I was so hurt. :(

Comment

dude ive seen ECU's smashed open! i have now idea why ....
              but i did give me a glempse as to what is inside w/o risking mine...

but every time i leave the yard it seems im bleeding...lol

and good odom gears never come from yards! dont waste your time
              bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

A new gear is $35 and will last another 20 years. Its not worth the energy to put in a gear only to have to replace it six months later. Ask me how I know. Better yet ask me how many times I've taken apart my cluster. Lol. I can probably get an entire dash out of a non airbag car in 30-40 minutes after all the practice I've had.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by gone002 View Post
                  but every time i leave the yard it seems im bleeding...lol
                  Dude, get a pair of cheap gloves. That pic you posted looks nasty. If we meet up I'll bring a set for you :)

Originally posted by einstein57
                  Its those stupid damn mexicans who...
                  LOL, yes they were looking at me like, WFT are you doing here?! So, I did kind of felt out of place walking around nicely dressed (in comparison to others that were there) with a backpack full of tools and gloves on. It's all good!

Comment

oh i have cheap gloves theyre just not on when i need them.

#1 tool for junkyarding = long ass breaker bar + gloves!

funny thing i asked myself the other day...am i the last american who still works on his own car? then i saw this hipster kid there in his true religon shirt yankin the rims off of a range rover and i laughed...
                    bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

I guess im not goin this weekend then..

Comment

shit everytime i go junk yarding at the wilmington pick your part, everything is smashed!!!....
                        smashed fogs, seats torn with a knife or screw driver i have no clue...and the part ive been looking an overhead check panel...i always see them torn apart!!!! grrrrrrrrrr

Comment

I went to one a few days ago and saw some nice basketweaves im picking up later this week. Looked like new tires too, It was a C4C car and it made me verrrrry sad

www.roadreview.net

Comment

Originally posted by dr.gonzo View Post
                            I went to one a few days ago and saw some nice basketweaves im picking up later this week. Looked like new tires too, It was a C4C car and it made me verrrrry sad
                            You sure they are gonna be there by the time you go back for them....?

Comment

e 30 wife is right...if you want them you better get em!!!
                              the only thing that stops me is having the right tool....

so when are we gona posse up?
                              this sat or next? truth is i saw a right tail light that i need ... so i might not wait
                              but we all can set a date

why cant you go balbonx?
                              bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

ah what the hell, Ima hit some more up tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X