Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Torque manual

anyone has one or can provide the link?

If you list the torque values you are looking for, I can share them from the shop software. :)
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      If you list the torque values you are looking for, I can share them from the shop software. :)
      Diff cover bolts. Thank you sir

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Does someone have the full BMW torque value book for the E30?
        I've found this one online but I'm pretty lazy to download them all lol..
        1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
        1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Engine Torque Specs: Camshaft chain tensioner rail Securing nut……………………………………………………………………….35 ± 5 Nm (26 ± 4 ft. lb.) Camshaft drive belt tensioner to engine (Bolts)………………………………………………………………………….…………..22 ± 2 Nm (16 ± 1 ft. lb.) Camshaft oil carrier to cylinder head M6 bolts …………………………………………………………………………..…….9 ± 1 Nm (80 ± 9 in.lb.) M8 bolts……………………………………………………………………………...22 ± 2
          Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
            Diff cover bolts. Thank you sir

22nm
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:

Comment

diff cover bolts are tiny, i wouldn't even bother with a torque wrench. Do them up so it squishes the gasket and stops the oil coming out.

Comment

22nm
                I found bmw TIS and they call for 45nm, hmm

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                  diff cover bolts are tiny, i wouldn't even bother with a torque wrench. Do them up so it squishes the gasket and stops the oil coming out.
                  I wouldn't say m10 are tiny. Isn't the cover has some load on it since it houses a bushing?

Comment

22nm

John,

here is a link to TIS that says all models with M10 8.8 - 45nm. What do you think 22 or 45?

Comment

Oops, my mistake. You are correct, I quoted for 8mm bolts.
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

Well admittedly I had not considered the diff busing. load yes, but its still only m10 bolts and there are like 10 of them? Each to their own. unless you have a tiny torque wrench designed for those small numbers then the larger torque wrenches are too innaccurate and you risk breaking the bolts anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                          Well admittedly I had not considered the diff busing. load yes, but its still only m10 bolts and there are like 10 of them? Each to their own. unless you have a tiny torque wrench designed for those small numbers then the larger torque wrenches are too innaccurate and you risk breaking the bolts anyway.

there are 8 bolts. I think cover would crack way before bolts will brake and 45nm isn't such a small torque. M10 bolts are not small at all. M12 (next size up) is the largest bolt in the whole suspension setup. I think the largest bolt in e30 is M14 (2 rear subframe mounting bolts)

Comment

fare enough, point taken. I've calibrated my arm muscles over the years by stripping the heads off the bolts a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
                              there are 8 bolts. I think cover would crack way before bolts will brake and 45nm isn't such a small torque. M10 bolts are not small at all. M12 (next size up) is the largest bolt in the whole suspension setup. I think the largest bolt in e30 is M14 (2 rear subframe mounting bolts)
                              Largest bolt in an e30 is 18mm x 1.25, largest nut is 48mm x 1.5 :p
                              Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 02-19-2018, 06:15 AM.
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:

Comment

Working...
                              X