X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1JZ and Getrag 260 E30

Hello...
    I just bought an e30 (85 325e) With Getrag 260
    I want to make it a street legal drift car...
    I am thinking 1JZ and our biggest challenge is to mount the G260 to the 1JZ... Not sure if there is adapters for this setup or i have to cut and weld the bell housing !!!
    Looking for advice...
    Thanks a million and happy New year

Any particular reason for keeping the 260 & not going a toyota box like r154? Not sure if there is an adapter out there for it.

Comment

My buddy is doing the same swap and is using a toyo tranny. I don't know if an adapter plate is made for a 1jz to a getrag 260.
      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

this swap is off to a great start
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The Toyota tranny is too expensive...
          Also will have to modify the driveshaft too...

Comment

Originally posted by bmwamer View Post

Would still, need to modify the driveshaft with a 260 & the 1j.

You could look to get a custom adapter plate made to suit, but that will weigh into the costs so its a 6 of one, a half dozen of the other

Comment

Originally posted by bmwamer View Post
              The trans is expensive, but you have a few less expensive options.

W58
              W55
              CD009
              ZF using a collins adapter

The drive shaft is easy to modify yourself if you can weld and you are careful. The section I used on my car is only about 6" difference so its not even large enough to be thrown out of balance. and if it was, most drive shaft shops only charge a small amount for balancing.

I am running a R154 in an E30 vert FYI.

Comment

There are adaptors for the 1UZ-FE V8, and 1JZ / 2JZ engines to Getrag & ZF gearboxes:

I was looking at a kit at one point when I was thinking of doing a 1UZ-FE swap as Castlemaine Rod Shop down here make mounts for the 1UZ-FE into the e30 so it'd all be a bolt in proposition.
                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Not Toyota but similar concept (also another thread raped by PB)

1999 BMW M3 RB26dett Conversion

Engine Swaps - 1999 BMW M3 RB26dett Conversion - I know this is not a 350z, but I have been a member of this forum for quite some time, and thought you all might find my recent build interesting to read/follow Hello fellow members. I am starting this thread to share and document my experience i have had and will have...

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                  X