Self Leveling Elimination on E34 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Leveling Elimination on E34 Touring

Hi all. I just picked up a self leveling elimination kit from BavAuto and some new rear shocks.

They advise that you join the lines together that run to the self leveling pump. My question is, could I just install a steering pump from a non-self leveling E34? I have one...

Anyone ever do this?
    My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Yes you can, but if change the pump to a ATF one, you must also swap the steering box to a ATF one, at least I was told the they pair up like that.
    85 coupe 318i(M30 swapped) winter fun machine
    88 sedan 318i Sold :(
    88 touring 324td M62B46 swap in progress
    89 touring 325ix Parted :(
    91 cabrio 320i Sold :(
    92 touring 525tds Parted :(

Comment

I made my own SLS delete and it's been perfectly fine for the last 3 years. Once looped you should have a trouble free system, no need to change the pump.
      91 318is M50 swapped
      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by tricars View Post
        Yes you can, but if change the pump to a ATF one, you must also swap the steering box to a ATF one, at least I was told the they pair up like that.
        That sucks, I was hoping to do the same.
        -Peter
        '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
        '91 318is slicktop project
        '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
        '00 Tundra

Comment

There are several ways to do a SLS delete.

On mine i removed the SLS garbage and looped the pumps SLS output back into the reservoir..

Don't forget to jump the ride height switch located on the rear sway bar to avoid the camber warning..

I Run normal ATF in mine but if you feel like it you can use the very expensive SLS oil too.. I did not change steering box or anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by tricars View Post
            baloney. the steering boxes are all the same. they can handle the Pentosin CHF found in SLS and ASC+T cars or the ATF fluids found in the others.

Comment

just flush and fill with all new fluid
              sigpic

Comment

W/o starting another thread but also sls delete related, I have a 92 touring I've just 5 speed swapped, and an added bonus of the parts car I bought was a bilstein / h&r suspension. Can I just install the rear suspension (along with the ps pump from same parts car) or do I need different springs for my rear end?
                I don't think your mom appreciates the value of those modifications

Comment

should be good with the straight swap.
                  the spring sets have the same rates for tourings/non-tourings it just will sit a little lower in the back due to the extra weight, which is generally a good thing, as sedan e34s tend to sit high in the back even on lowering springs.

Comment

Thanks! It's got to be better than as is with it completely gone out.
                    I don't think your mom appreciates the value of those modifications

Comment

Working...
                    X