Did Turner buy ECS Tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
    Once again, nothing against ECS directly, however the profits from my parts dollars will be supporting fellow enthusiasts and their businesses (BluntTech, Guten Parts, Ireland Eng, Bimmerworld, etc.), NOT going to have those dollars go to a investment firm intending to corporatize my hobby.
    I hate to say it but you are in the minority there. ECS wouldn't be who they are today if it weren't for the sales that they achieve...

I know it because I sell parts to locals and have an ebay store. Time and time again I get lowballed because people are friggin ruthless. They simply don't care if you're just trying to put food on the table. Retail is a savage business and I'm tired of it. It's disgusting to get offers of 50% off of the listing price thinking that one would accept.
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
      I hate to say it but you are in the minority there.
      Nope, he's not - that's where I'll be spending my money as well.

I do understand your frustration though.

Comment

if you arent competitive on price and visible to the common person then you're a goner unless you sell niche products
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
          Once again, nothing against ECS directly, however the profits from my parts dollars will be supporting fellow enthusiasts and their businesses (BluntTech, Guten Parts, Ireland Eng, Bimmerworld, etc.), NOT going to have those dollars go to a investment firm intending to corporatize my hobby.
          So, you don't utilize SSF or WorldPac at your place of employment for your own parts?
          Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
            Last time I ordered from ECS, I ordered a bunch of little stuff. One small item (I think it was a screw?) got back-ordered and they held my entire shipment for 3 weeks so they could ship it all together. All to save the $3 for shipping of said item. They could have at least emailed me about it asking if I wanted to cover shipping, but no, no communication what so ever.

The ironic thing was, the shipping was free.
            Yep, this happened to me enough a few years ago when I owned an e46 that I swore them off for anything I needed quickly and started ordering from Pelican Parts and BMA. It was kind of hilarious that shipping from California was faster than getting parts from down the street in Ohio. I once even begged to pick a part up locally that they had "in stock" and had delayed shipping on for some small gasket in order to get some work done over the weekend and they refused.

Comment

Just received a nice box of bits from our pals at Blunttech. Timely shipping and equal prices to everyone else.

No box decorations however.

Comment

for sure blunttech for online parts.

Comment

Working...
                X