Good read on Trump's approval ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
    No & there are no shortage of addicts & hipsters in rural areas.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeaZ5OIWko8">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeaZ5OIWko8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

So low key & ancient it needed two posts?

That was before crack which is before meth which is before the current opioid epidemic so really about as relevant as a buggy whip shortage.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
        So low key & ancient it needed two posts?

That was before crack which is before meth which is before the current opioid epidemic so really about as relevant as a buggy whip shortage.
        Drugs is drugs. Organic or synthetic.
        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Drugs is drugs. Organic or synthetic.

So drug use caused your repost?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            I'd say it's doing exactly what it's supposed to in giving less populated areas a voice.

other wise, california and new york would run the country

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
              I know, how dare a large amount of people have their vote matter.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

In close elections it always comes down to a handful of states: Pennsylvania, Florida, Ohio are usually the big ones, last year we added Wisconsin to the mix, it could be others, but the result will be the same.

Ultimately, the battle between winning the vote in those states is still a battle between Republicans and Democrats, so those states end up being a microcosm for the larger voting public. Because the vote is often close in those states each candidate has an equal chance to win them (Trump just happened to do so this election, Clinton just happened to not).

It's up to the candidates to figure out where their campaign efforts should lie and Hillary dropped the ball, especially in Wisconsin, a state that had voted Democrat for Obama's two terms. I didn't want to see Trump elected, but Hillary had just as much a chance to win those battleground states as Trump did, why are we "blaming" the electoral college for her failure to campaign in this key state?

Saying that a majority of people voted for Clinton is certainly not a lie, however, blaming the electoral college for Trump getting elected is simply ignoring the reality that she didn't campaign effectively to win the election. Riding along on the back of California and NYC only proves that she didn't build support over a broad base of people, which unfortunately resulted in Trump getting elected.

Comment

^
                  Well said, on this one we agree

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                  They should be equally as important. Not more important.
                  Right just so its a majority wins and and get to tell minority how its going to be right. That my friend is a Democracy and that not the type of federal govt we live under......

How do you propose to weight it so they are equal with out taking some weight from the coasts and urban areas or giving a bit more weight to the less populace states. Whats good for Atlantic City NJ might not be so great for Lincoln Nebraska. On the flip side what works good for us in MT, might cause some issues in Boston MA.

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                  I know, how dare a large amount of people have their vote matter.
                  Why not ask the residents of Upstate NY how they feel about being told how they have to live and how much they need to pay in taxes to fund the programs and laws voted in by ( and mostly for) the residents of NYC. Or talk to the residents of rural and smaller cites in IL, how much they like living under the rules imposed on them by Cook county ( Chicago). Or ask Residents of NorCal how they like the laws and taxes they have to deal with passed by the LA.SD,and Bay areas.

Whats good for your population dense and crime ridden urban area is not always as beneficial for the rest of the us. Though in many cases because there are less rural people by shear numerical value they get their voice silenced and told to shut up and deal with it we City folk have more people and know whats good for you, so you and your opinion/values dont matter.
                  Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-23-2017, 10:31 PM.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

This election was a perfect storm of bullshit. Two horrible candidates, people tired of the status quo, Hillary's server, Russian meddling, and the E.C. all added up to a person becoming President that could not get hired at any major corporation.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      Right just so its a majority wins and and get to tell minority how its going to be right. That my friend is a Democracy and that not the type of federal govt we live under......

How do you propose to weight it so they are equal with out taking some weight from the coasts and urban areas or giving a bit more weight to the less populace states. Whats good for Atlantic City NJ might not be so great for Lincoln Nebraska. On the flip side what works good for us in MT, might cause some issues in Boston MA.

Why not ask the residents of Upstate NY how they feel about being told how they have to live and how much they need to pay in taxes to fund the programs and laws voted in by ( and mostly for) the residents of NYC. Or talk to the residents of rural and smaller cites in IL, how much they like living under the rules imposed on them by Cook county ( Chicago). Or ask Residents of NorCal how they like the laws and taxes they have to deal with passed by the LA.SD,and Bay areas.

Whats good for your population dense and crime ridden urban area is not always as beneficial for the rest of the us. Though in many cases because there are less of them by shear numerical value they get their voice silenced and told to shut up and deal with it we have more people so you dont matter.
                      So better to have people in unpopulated areas that believe Trump is a populist because he said he was and lied is the solution?

Comment

Someone lie to get the job in the big white house with an oval office in it......................... NO, Say it aint so, that has never happened before ever.........

Look I dont like the guy, didnt really like the fact he got this far either. There are aspects I like (mainly not a long career in politics and not a DC veteran) , and I had hoped he would "settle in" and not act such the fool. I do agree with you that it was a perfectly timed by the T and the perfect shitty storm.

That said, was it a better choice than Hill, YES, but not by much. Like stated above he convinced a greater base of people that he deserved the chance, and appealed to a lot of people that were fed up with the current stable of choices to run this shit show.

Lastly, hes only going to be there for 4 years ( I think thats obvious ) and then the Dems and progressives and lobbyists that infest all levels of govt will have control again and likely for a long time and you will all be happy again.
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

To add to the Electoral College discussion:

There needs to be a separation between these two ideas:
                          1. A Majority
                          2. Regional Interests

Hillary won the majority of the vote, that can't really be argued (despite some attempting to erroneously say that there were votes that were made illegally or whatever, there's only like a dozen actual cases of voter fraud and nearly all of them were made for Trump, not against him).

However, Trump was able to connect with many different interest groups that normally may not have voted together. These varied interest groups, located in states like Wisconsin, pushed the vote in the Electoral College in Trump's favor.

New York state is the perfect example of why regional interests matter and why the Framers of the Constitution created the Electoral College in the beginning. A massively dense NY city might have the majority of people in the state of NY, many might all have the same interests, thus constituting a majority of the voting population in the state, but they certainly don't constitute all of the interests of the state. From what I can see, California is the only state that seems to have a near uniform set of interests and thus votes in that fashion (although I imagine the rural areas differ from the large cities, much like anywhere else).

So should the interests of one group of people (the Northeast and the West Coast) even though it may constitute a voting majority outweigh the many varied interests of the rest of the country? This is the big question here, and ultimately, the Founding Fathers responded with a No. The result is that sometimes a minority of the popular vote ends up electing the president, however, overwhelming, the Electoral College system has produced a candidate that the voting majority wanted in office.

To stir the pot even more, that's why most western countries have parliamentary systems with many parties so that even minority interests are represented and coalitions are needed to pass legislation and elect officials. The US two party system creates a winner-take-all scenario in effect, which has brought the country Donald Trump. In my mind, it's not the greatest thing, and it'll only last for one term, but I'm a white, upper middle-class, male so nothing is ever really that bad, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                            mattb still exhibits the math skills of a 10th grader

Comment

I'm not saying he is the first to lie, I am saying he lies on a scale and level that makes all other known liars look like they are the most honorable pillars of truth.

The man lies about nonsense things that no one cares about or is discussing and gets his staff to tell his lie, then tells a different lie, busting his own staff!

WTF????

It is at the point if he told me my name, I'd check my ID!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                Or ask Residents of NorCal how they like the laws and taxes they have to deal with passed by the LA.SD,and Bay areas.
                                nitpicking here, but the Bay Area is NorCal.
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:
                                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                                X