Clear All

Nice lookin car! What color is that?

Comment

Originally posted by GunnarE30 View Post
      Nice lookin car! What color is that?
      Diamondshwarz metallic

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Need to get the lip on that wheel fixed. Im surprised it holds air and isn't bent

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          Need to get the lip on that wheel fixed. Im surprised it holds air and isn't bent
          Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if it went flat during some enthusiastic driving.

You're car is far too clean to have a super bent rim installed!
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
            Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if it went flat during some enthusiastic driving.

You're car is far too clean to have a super bent rim installed!
            Yeah he did. He went drifting and slammed a burn.

First I have to get the wheels to fit perfectly then I can start worrying about fixing them! The lip is chipped where it's bent so I need to replace the lip entirely.

Comment

So I've had a pretty rough couple of weeks.

Unfortunately my savings went from decent to almost nothing in a few days...

Wife had a medical emergency, I got into an accident with her car, and we had to drop a decent chunk of change in another aspect too.... And if it couldn't get any worse, when I took my E30 to get an allignment​, the tech told me that my steering rack is so bad the movement won't let him align it.

So I'm currently in the process of finding a new rack. I've only done one swap before and it was for another E30 rack, but I've decided I'm going to go ahead and look for a 1.9 z3 rack and go for the upgrade.

Meanwhile I payed to get the victims car repaired and I'm also looking for a new hood for my wife's car. Oh well, I guess that's what savings are for right?

Comment

Shout out to @itskingsteelo for selling me his z3 rack.

Z3 rack going in very very soon ( hopefully next week)

Comment

So I finished getting the z3 rack in yesterday. It went in very smoothly.

There's a weird almost mechanical feeling vibration when the steering wheel turns. I'm guessing something is touching. I'll have to go under and listen when I get the chance. The car feels great though, I'd highly recommend the upgrade to anyone on the limb about it.

I also finally managed to get the engine clean. Unfortunately my dad jumped the gun and did it while I was inside for a minute and I'm guessing he got water in places he shouldn't have.
                  When the car idles there's a grinding sounding noise on the front of the car about a foot down from the valve cover. I can't tell where it's coming from. I sprayed down the alternator and AC compressor with wd 40 thinking it might have corroded with the water and it seemed to have helped but the sound is still there. Does anyone have any idea what that might be?

Here's the only pic I took of the rack change. I was in the groove so I forgot to snap more pics.

Comment

Working...
                  X