No announcement yet.

iX wheel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone squeezed a 16x8 et26 with a 205/45/16 under rolled flares?
    I have a set of style fives waiting to be filled and drilled for my ix����
    sigpic1989 325i Cirrusblau Sedan-Sold
    1989 BMW 325ix-Sold
    1991 325ix-Sold
    1988 325iX-

Comment

Originally posted by B0RN318 View Post
      Has anyone squeezed a 16x8 et26 with a 205/45/16 under rolled flares?
      I have a set of style fives waiting to be filled and drilled for my ix����
      Mmmm probably not...
      Also I agree, we should I've the sizing chart up there sticky'd in the first post, I think would answer lots of questions before they're asked
      sigpic1989 325i Cirrusblau Sedan-Sold
      1989 BMW 325ix-Sold
      1991 325ix-Sold
      1988 325iX-

Comment

Originally posted by ziazhp View Post
        Think I finally found some...

16x7, ET 28. These should work, right?
        Yep those will work. My alpinas are that.
        www.instagram.com/snwmble
        #snwmble

Current:
        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Winter wheel size help

Hi - Will 15x6 et36 fit on the 325ix? Will it require spacers?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleE30///M3 View Post
            Hi - Will 15x6 et36 fit on the 325ix? Will it require spacers?

Thanks in advance!
            To close the loop, the rims will fit.

Comment

16x7,5 ET35 Arbets on mine, these will be winter rims. 205/50 tires now, no rubbing at all.

Finding proper summer rims is a bit of a problem, good looking 16" tend to be 8" ET ~25 which seems too low..
              Attached Files
              1986 325iX
              2006 530xd

Comment

Question...

Will 15x8 +25 on 185/55/R15 tires fit on 1" lowered IX?
                Current:
                1989 325ix S52, 2011 335d

Sold:
                2002 M5, 1999 M3, 2008 X5, 2004 325i

Comment

185? Those are really small - almost and an inch narrower and half an inch smaller than stock.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    185? Those are really small - almost and an inch narrower and half an inch smaller than stock.
                    Good point, I passed on em. Thanks!
                    Current:
                    1989 325ix S52, 2011 335d

Sold:
                    2002 M5, 1999 M3, 2008 X5, 2004 325i

Comment

OZ EXCLUSIVE 16x7,5 ET35 205/45/16

Perfect fitment imo.
                      Probably gonna use bigger rubber on the future. And probably gonna take better pics :devil:

Last edited by notanawdix80; 10-19-2018, 04:56 AM.

Comment

So after a good bit of research I have come to the conclusion a few things....I still dont understand wheel sizing but I do know what I like and I want to ask you guys for some help. All the wheels that I like seem to be a 16x8 4x100 pattern and anywhere from ET0/ET20/ET25. So what I am really needing to know is will the ET25s fit? Do I need spacers, and if those wont fit what offset will work the best for a 16x8 wheel. I want to try to stay with the widest tire i possibly can as well. TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by RWD BLOWS View Post
                          So after a good bit of research I have come to the conclusion a few things....I still dont understand wheel sizing but I do know what I like and I want to ask you guys for some help. All the wheels that I like seem to be a 16x8 4x100 pattern and anywhere from ET0/ET20/ET25. So what I am really needing to know is will the ET25s fit? Do I need spacers, and if those wont fit what offset will work the best for a 16x8 wheel. I want to try to stay with the widest tire i possibly can as well. TIA.
                          I am still running stock wheels so I don’t have any personal experience, but I have saved this from earlier in this thread. (Don’t remember who said it, probably nando)

Generally, depending on tire size of course:
                          7" wheels - ET25-ET40 (ET25 is pushing it)
                          7.5" wheels - ET30-ET35
                          8" wheels - ET30 (+/-2mm or so - they are a tight fit).

9" wheels are never going to fit an ix properly (that is, not stick out 1" past the fenders), unless you do stupid things with "stance" and camber and undersized tires. Thankfully that seems to have finally died out a bit..
                          89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                          I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                            I am still running stock wheels so I don’t have any personal experience, but I have saved this from earlier in this thread. (Don’t remember who said it, probably nando)

Generally, depending on tire size of course:
                            7" wheels - ET25-ET40 (ET25 is pushing it)
                            7.5" wheels - ET30-ET35
                            8" wheels - ET30 (+/-2mm or so - they are a tight fit).

9" wheels are never going to fit an ix properly (that is, not stick out 1" past the fenders), unless you do stupid things with "stance" and camber and undersized tires. Thankfully that seems to have finally died out a bit..
                            So this helps out a lot so if I have an 8 inch wheel at a +25 offset I could run a 5 or 10mm spacer all the way around? Or am I thinking about this backwards?

Comment

Originally posted by RWD BLOWS View Post
                              So this helps out a lot so if I have an 8 inch wheel at a +25 offset I could run a 5 or 10mm spacer all the way around? Or am I thinking about this backwards?
                              You've got it backwards. If you put a 10mm spacer your offset now becomes +15, so the wheel would be sticking out further than the +25.

Think of it this way, the higher the positive number, the more pushed in the wheel will be, and the higher the negative number, the further the wheel will be pushed out.
                              89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                              I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                                You've got it backwards. If you put a 10mm spacer your offset now becomes +15, so the wheel would be sticking out further than the +25.

Think of it this way, the higher the positive number, the more pushed in the wheel will be, and the higher the negative number, the further the wheel will be pushed out.
                                Okay so this is making more sense now, so my only chance is that this +25 wheel will work but it has me worried because it's a 8inch wide wheel.

Comment

Working...
                                X