S54 Swap Exhaust systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    Left hand drive, the steering shaft is on the left the headers are on the right.

Not sure how there will be interference.
    Well like the post above ergen makes a rhd specific headers but pretty pricey compared to status groups set

Comment

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
      Well like the post above ergen makes a rhd specific headers but pretty pricey compared to status groups set
      Got ya didnt see that.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
        Got ya didnt see that.

Post up some pics when you have them installed. Really interested in how they fit in an e30.

Comment

Post up some pics when you have them installed. Really interested in how they fit in an e30.
          Will do, although it probably wont be till summer some time. Still need to take the old engine out and do the front suspension. The car is resting outside for now
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on header fitment guys. I'm planning to try the new Megan Racing S54 headers since they seem to be getting good reviews on the E46 and they are very reasonably priced. I expect I'll need to use a treehouse style FCAB to allow them to fit without modification. I'll be using them with an Arc Asylum modified subframe, and I plan on using revshift mounts.

I'm thinking I'll try to reuse some of the stock E46 M3 section 1 that I have to interface with the headers. Beyond that I'm not 100% sure where to go with the exhaust but it seems like a merge into a 3" at approximately the same position as the crossover on the E46 M3 is the easiest solution and likely pretty well optimized for maximizing power.

Comment

Originally posted by R3VM3UP View Post
              Thanks for the feedback on header fitment guys. I'm planning to try the new Megan Racing S54 headers since they seem to be getting good reviews on the E46 and they are very reasonably priced. I expect I'll need to use a treehouse style FCAB to allow them to fit without modification. I'll be using them with an Arc Asylum modified subframe, and I plan on using revshift mounts.

I'm thinking I'll try to reuse some of the stock E46 M3 section 1 that I have to interface with the headers. Beyond that I'm not 100% sure where to go with the exhaust but it seems like a merge into a 3" at approximately the same position as the crossover on the E46 M3 is the easiest solution and likely pretty well optimized for maximizing power.

Be careful with cheap sets. I bought a cheap set off ebay and the manifold bolt holes weren't even close to lining up.

Comment

Be careful with cheap sets. I bought a cheap set off ebay and the manifold bolt holes weren't even close to lining up.
                The Megan ones are getting great reviews on M3F in terms of fitment. Comparing the design and welds they are clearly not the same as the generic ebay headers that cost $100. I don't expect I'll have much of a problem with them.

Comment

The Megan ones are getting great reviews on M3F in terms of fitment. Comparing the design and welds they are clearly not the same as the generic ebay headers that cost $100. I don't expect I'll have much of a problem with them.

Your talking about these? http://www.meganracingperformance.co...-p-609554.html

I'm sure there are multiple people making headers in china but for $125 they are definitely Chinese made. Maybe I just got a defective set. I would like to know how they turn out. I'm not happy with my set up I have now and want something different (stock headers with the cat cut off)

Comment

No, those look like the generic eBay ones that are very hit or miss like you've experienced. I'm talking about these.

They look suspiciously like the active autowerke headers and I wonder if Megan is the OEM for Active. This thread here has some good feedback so far.

Comment

No, those look like the generic eBay ones that are very hit or miss like you've experienced. I'm talking about these.

They look suspiciously like the active autowerke headers and I wonder if Megan is the OEM for Active. This thread here has some good feedback so far.
                      http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=593595

That's interesting. Those do look far superior to the ones I ordered. Still have no idea if they would fit a RHD e30 though.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure they would fit a RHD. My guess is probably not without modification. I was planning on just using US headers with the cats cut off and vbands installed, but the megans were cheap enough and look like they will allow me to reuse part of my E46 M3 section 1, which should save me a bit of headache and money, so I figured they are worth a try.

What about RHD Euro headers? Will those work on a RHD E30?

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure they would fit a RHD. My guess is probably not without modification. I was planning on just using US headers with the cats cut off and vbands installed, but the megans were cheap enough and look like they will allow me to reuse part of my E46 M3 section 1, which should save me a bit of headache and money, so I figured they are worth a try.

What about RHD Euro headers? Will those work on a RHD E30?

Yea my problem is I didn't want to spend $800+ on a set of headers that I would have to cut up to try and make work. But these are reasonable enough to give it a shot. I cut the cats off my stock headers and made them work but the way the exhaust shop set up the Y pipe just doesn't make sense and I think I need to go to a larger diameter pipe anyways.

Comment

Working...
                          X