Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in a container shipment to Down Under?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest in a container shipment to Down Under?

A friend of mine is sending a partial container of Land Cruiser parts to Melbourne... I can complete the container with US parts, if there is interest. I *believe* the shipping date to be around mid-January.

Any interest? I would prefer for one person to pick up all of the parts, and take care of the redistribution, so that the Land Cruiser guy in Melbourne doesn't have to deal with tens of Bimmer guys. This could become a semi-regular thing, and a great source for inexpensive parts (relatively speaking!).

Let me know...
    Joe
    Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
    That Guy.
    03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

And when it's on the way back, put a bunch of euro bumpers in it!
    cars beep boop

Comment

That black E30

hey, really curious, but that black e30 you have in your signiture, that is my old e30! is it yours or did you get the picture from somewhere?
      oops just realised you live in the US so maybe not, but damn it looks exactly the same as my old 2.7i, color, wheels, bodykit...Oh nice car by the way :)

Comment

Shipping

Interested in the shipping thing, mainly for wheels and bodykits and E30 M3 parts, does he have room for this stuff and when does it depart? is there a limit on what items, size, weight etc.. and is there some form of standard cost?Thanks.

Comment

I'm after mz3 rear end, diving boards for pre and fl (no shit). This would be awesome for M3 owners still lhd with cracked dash boards.

Joe, i'll post this up on bimmersport.co.nz if you don't mind?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

im interested :) looking for transport for rims and maybe an engine?

Comment

RHD firewall!
              R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

There are a few things that I could get from the US and have them shipped over if this is still happening. I'm definitely interested.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  And when it's on the way back, put a bunch of euro bumpers in it!
                  And a Ford Falcon Turbo. I really like inline 6s
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 323iNathan View Post
                    There are a few things that I could get from the US and have them shipped over if this is still happening. I'm definitely interested.
                    It is still a possibility... I never got any solid interest, so I haven't been pushing it.

I think the container leaves early January?

-Joe
                    Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
                    That Guy.
                    03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

So would I need to get whatever I buy posted to you and then you'll pack it in the container?
                      I'm just looking to get a few small things so it won't take up much room.

Comment

I'm geussing I missed out?
                        Leo.

E30 318iS, E36 328i

Comment

AFAIK it never happened

Comment

Originally posted by 323iNathan View Post
                            AFAIK it never happened
                            Things like this never work. It's a shame. If someone really had the time and money to organise something like this properly it could be a great benefit to the comunity..

R.H.D
                            M-technic I club

Comment

I've been talking to one US-based member about sending some Subaru Liberty parts over to him. I know where there are quite a few chrome early bumpers in good condition too.

Could work well sending a container to the USA, then bring it back with E30 parts? It would be best for large/bulky items like suspension/brake stuff, 5-lug stuff, wheels, bodykit stuff. On our end it would have to clear customs and pay duties, too I believe.
                              Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Working...
                              X