Shadowline Motorsport - LED Bulbs & Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cunninglinguist View Post
    When trying to register I get an "incorrect verification word" message. Not sure why, since this is a new account...
    Sorry about that, I updated the registration page and it looks like I may have broken the code for the capcha verification. I will work on this when I get home and let you know when its available.

Thanks,
    Bryon
    Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
    LED Bulb Thread
    R6 LED Review

Comment

Site is back up!! Sorry for the inconvenience.

B
      Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
      LED Bulb Thread
      R6 LED Review

Comment

Originally posted by djmossm42 View Post
        Site is back up!! Sorry for the inconvenience.

B
        So can I get H1 just for my high beams?
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

Yes, both options come in H1 plus other standard bulb types.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
          R6 LED Review

Comment

If you want to match the color the R4 is available in 4300K. Also have 3000K and 5000K. The R4 is still a very bright bulb and should work well in your high beams.

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
            R6 LED Review

Comment

Just wanted to let people know that I bought a set of R4 5000k H1 (low beams) and H3's (fog lights) and so far after a few months they have been perfect. A nice upgrade from halogen bulbs that were in my smileys, and very comparable to HID's as well. Great seller. Now I wish I had a chance to see what the R6's are like :(

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom Stew View Post
                Just wanted to let people know that I bought a set of R4 5000k H1 (low beams) and H3's (fog lights) and so far after a few months they have been perfect. A nice upgrade from halogen bulbs that were in my smileys, and very comparable to HID's as well. Great seller. Now I wish I had a chance to see what the R6's are like :(
                I just bought the R4s for High and Fogs as well, I already had HIDs in the Lows. I would have bought the R6's but I didnt want 6000k lights.

Do you have pics of the R4 at 5000? My HIDs are 4500 so I wanted to stay close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by djmossm42 View Post
                  If you want to match the color the R4 is available in 4300K. Also have 3000K and 5000K. The R4 is still a very bright bulb and should work well in your high beams.

Thanks I just ordered the R4's

Comment

Thanks I just ordered the R4's

Order received, Thank you!

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                    R6 LED Review

Comment

Shadowline Motorsport - LED Headlight Bulbs from $65/Set for a limited Time)

I just bought the R4s for High and Fogs as well, I already had HIDs in the Lows. I would have bought the R6's but I didnt want 6000k lights.

Do you have pics of the R4 at 5000? My HIDs are 4500 so I wanted to stay close to that.

I don't have any pics of the 5000K but I can say that the color accuracy is high being that they are LED. And of course there are no color fluctuations or other stray colors emitted as with HID.

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                      R6 LED Review

Comment

Thanks for your orders! All bulbs are enroute and we expect to start shipping next week. All orders are shipped priority mail with signature service.

B

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                        R6 LED Review

Comment

Very neat. I have a few technical questions for ya.

1) At 4800LM/bulb, how does that compare to a typical 4300K 35W HID bulb's output?
                          2) Do you have a plot of the output spectrum? I'd like to see where these come in as compared to a Halogen (very good spectrum, lousy output) and Xenon (lousy-to-OK spectrum, good output).
                          3) What sore of free-air requirements are there for the heat sink loops? I have the stock plastic shields in place behind my headlights.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                            Very neat. I have a few technical questions for ya.

1) At 4800LM/bulb, how does that compare to a typical 4300K 35W HID bulb's output?
                            2) Do you have a plot of the output spectrum? I'd like to see where these come in as compared to a Halogen (very good spectrum, lousy output) and Xenon (lousy-to-OK spectrum, good output).
                            3) What sore of free-air requirements are there for the heat sink loops? I have the stock plastic shields in place behind my headlights.

Hi thanks for the questions. I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

1. The R4 is rated at 4800LM and the R6 is rated @ 5800LM. The R4 in terms of raw bulb brightness is very close to a 35W HID setup and the R6 is right between the 35W and 55W. Of course there are other variables like the condition and quality of the reflectors in the housing etc.

2. Regarding the spectrum, if your are referring to the color spectrum, it is narrow at a tolerance +/- 500LM for the bulbs we offer. The color output is static and does not fluctuate. LEDs are designed to the desired specs. So if the the spec calls for 5000K and x lumens per watt, that is what they are designed to meet and are sorted out based on tolerances set by the customer. The phosphor (yellow coating) is how they achieve the color output. The thicker the coating the more yellow is introduced to the raw light color which is typically blue to violet. You will not see reds or greens emitted from the chip itself as with HID.

If you are referring to the spectrum as in width and coverage there are a lot of variables that can change how it is perceived. But in general LEDs are more directional and the peak output will be in the 110 degree range. The R4 bulbs are rated a bit higher over 150 degrees. The R6 is special because it fills the space where the least efficient light is with another bank of LEDs so there is light emitted every 90 degrees plus you have some overlap. As mentioned before, the actual output through the optics can enhance or diminish the light source depending on their condition and that applies to all bulbs.

3. Based on ongoing testing the requirements are loose. Plenty of air comes through the E30 grill so you definitely won't have any trouble. For reference, I installed a set of H8 R4 bulbs in my wife's E92 halos. The halos are enclosed and the N51 gets hot on its own and Im sure there isn't much cool air getting into the headlight housing. They have been installed for just about a year and have been through 100+ degree temps and still shine as bright as day 1. I think the braids are more of insurance and the metal base handles most of the work.

Proof of this will be seen in the upcoming T5 which we will be testing soon. It ditches the braid for what is labeled as a turbine and is not much bigger than a standard bulb. I'm skeptical of fans turbines whatever you want to call them, but one thing I can say is that the led options are only getting better. So Im going to test them with optimism. I'll be reporting my findings here in the coming weeks.

Sorry for the thesis but we also want to educate people and provide as many facts and personal experience as possible so you can make your own decision. Everything we offer is a product we use and has proven to be a reasonable alternative that we want to share.

Best Regards,
                            B

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                            R6 LED Review

Comment

Cool, thanks for the reply. That covered 1 & 3. As for #2, I was referring to the color spectrum that they put out (the wavelengths of light, which is related-but-different to the color temperature). See figure 1b in this generic white LED datasheet:

It's likely in the datasheet for the actual LED components in the bulbs. No worries if the specifics of the bulbs' construction are confidential. Alternatively, the color rendition index, or CRI, would be just as useful and it's a single number instead of a graph.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                                Cool, thanks for the reply. That covered 1 & 3. As for #2, I was referring to the color spectrum that they put out (the wavelengths of light, which is related-but-different to the color temperature). See figure 1b in this generic white LED datasheet:

It's likely in the datasheet for the actual LED components in the bulbs. No worries if the specifics of the bulbs' construction are confidential. Alternatively, the color rendition index, or CRI, would be just as useful and it's a single number instead of a graph.

The R4 uses the Luxeon-MZ series of chips for the 6000K bulbs. The other color temperature bulbs use chips from TX. I'm waiting on a response regarding the specific part number(s) and datasheets if they are allowed to share them.

Here's the datasheet for the Luxeon-MZ series

I will update as soon as I hear more.

Thanks
                                B

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                                R6 LED Review

Comment

Working...
                                X