si board batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

si board batteries

So I replaced my old batteries a few days ago and was planning to re install the board back into the car later this week. The batteries are the 3V CR14250se ones. I re-tested the voltage just now on the batteries and they're at 2.6 volts now... Before I soldered them onto the board they were at ~3.2 volts. The board hasn't been plugged into the car yet at all.

Wth is going on lol

The only thing I could think of that could explain them dying so quick is sitting on the shelf from my retailer for a long time.

edit: they're @ 2.8 volts now and climbing slowly
    Last edited by othatseric; 09-15-2018, 04:04 PM.

Originally posted by othatseric View Post
    So I replaced my old batteries a few days ago and was planning to re install the board back into the car later this week. The batteries are the 3V CR14250se ones. I re-tested the voltage just now on the batteries and they're at 2.6 volts now... Before I soldered them onto the board they were at ~3.2 volts. The board hasn't been plugged into the car yet at all.

Wth is going on lol

The only thing I could think of that could explain them dying so quick is sitting on the shelf from my retailer for a long time.

edit: they're @ 2.8 volts now and climbing slowly
    Just install the SI board back and turn on the car for a few minutes, they will recharge.

Comment

Originally posted by isaac.delgado View Post
      Just install the SI board back and turn on the car for a few minutes, they will recharge.

CR14250se are non-rechargeable lithium ion batteries. The lithium ion version of the SI board does not have rechargeable batteries. The batteries are diode isolated too, so even if they were rechargeable, current cannot flow into the batteries.

othatseric, can you measure current flow for the batteries? Perhaps you have a short on the board from a damaged or old component.

Comment

Working...
      X