1987 BMW 325 $1700 obo Ventura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 BMW 325 $1700 obo Ventura

Hey everyone......whoa it's been a long time....

I've got an E30 but unfortunately space issues mean I have to unload it, and rather quickly. It's a bit of a mechanic's special, but it comes with a fair amount of parts to make it whole again. It's a running, driving car, and I've commuted in it for weeks now. I would have no fear taking a trip in it. That being said, it needs to be sorted out.

The car is pretty darn stock. It's an early model with the 2.7 and an auto, and the odometer broke around 220k. I pulled the trans to replace the front input seal, and it shifts just fine. Being an idiot, there's a connection or something somewhere which still leaks a little bit. But it's operationally in good shape, shifts fine and doesn't seem to slip. The steering rack leaks, and then drips out of a torn bellow. I'm including a spare rack, which didn't leak in my old E30. I've also got a spare power steering pump that could be R&R'd and dropped in with it. The tires have decent life on them, I'd drive them another 3-5 years. Front brakes could use replacement, and I've got spare rear rotors in the trunk. The motor runs fine, like I said I've been commuting in it. I have the front bumper and parts. The front end hit definitely torqued it a little, because the bumper didn't just bolt back up.

The car has the registration paid, is insured, and passes the smog numbers absolutely fine (even here in Ventura, an enhanced smog county). But the cat is NOT CA compliant, and therefore they failed me. It's as easy as getting a CA cat (~$125 for the cat, + installation, I'm a welder and if you buy the cat I'll weld it in for $100). I have proof of the smog numbers. Originally failed when I first got it for high NOx, but it was a bad 02 sensor and a lean mixture.

The interior in this car is it's strong point. The houndstooth is in good shape, and the seats have no tears. The dash has a tiny crack by the rivet where the VIN plate is, but is otherwise in terrific shape. The carpets look decent too, although the floor mats are kind of crummy. The driver's seat has a little hitch in it, although both seats function properly there's a little sloppiness in the driver's seat. The aftermarket radio and speakers sound fine to me, but I'm not a music snob so they're probably garbage and I don't know it.

I'm including with the car a spare 2.7, a manual transmission, a pedal box, and shifter/carrier. This car is, in my opinion, a great blank canvas. Could be left exactly as is, and simply driven for a few years while you rebuild the spare motor or get the 5 speed swap all figured out. Or, it could be done right away, and go with some lowering bits and some nice wheels and make it a little cooler. I think it's a decent candidate for either though.

My cell is 805-636-5360. I prefer text (or even PM) because I work in a loud shop and never hear phone calls, but I'd be happy to schedule a time to talk on the phone. I'll be perfectly honest with this car, I'm trying to sell it quickly, not get what I think it's worth. I have plenty more photos, but the format on the forum is confusing to me so I'd rather just text them or something if you're interested. Thanks for taking a look!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180909_123347.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	7253645

Name:	20180909_123926.jpg
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	7253646

Name:	20180909_123649.jpg
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	7253647

Name:	20180909_123656.jpg
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	7253648

Name:	20180909_123437.jpg
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	7253649
    Last edited by ScottyB326; 09-21-2018, 10:28 AM.

[ATTACH]123380[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]123381[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]123382[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]123383[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]123384[/ATTACH]

Comment

Dropping the price to $1700 obo.

Logistically need to get this car sold. Bummer that I need to keep my 14 mpg work truck but that's life.

Comment

Working...
      X