Spangdhalem people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spangdhalem people?

Anybody here at Spang? I've seen a couple other E30s on base but can never seem to catch them when I have my car. anyway, just looking to meet some fellow E30ers around here...
    sigpic'87 335i

Haven't been on for awhile. I have the white with green weaves. My buddy has the wagon....

Comment

Welcome to spangdahlem

Comment

Me too but usually on foot. I'll be in the area this weekend. Didn't get my Donner Kebab last week when I was in K-town.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I'm not in Germany but I am in Italy. Are there any good Junkyards up your way?

Comment

Was there last week, we stayed at Eifel Stenner on the Bitburg Flugplatz. Did some karting the two days we were there.

Originally posted by Cusson24 View Post
            I'm not in Germany but I am in Italy. Are there any good Junkyards up your way?
            Good is a relative term. Some times the turn over is good and there are a lot of cars in the yard other times it's the same old cars that have been there for 7 months.

Comment

The karting in Bitburg isn't bad, but I like the place down in Wittlich much better...OTT...you get your car fixed?
              sigpic'87 335i

Comment

I didn't know they put one there. Problem is when I fly in Conrad the Taxi service butt rapes us for rates so we tend to try and stay local.

C-17 guys have a van service because of their stage ops, but I rather stay with FredAir.

Karthalle Wittlich in Rheinland-Pfalz. Go-Kart fahren auf unserer Kartbahn im Mittelzentrum des Eifel- und Moselraum. Ein perfektes Rennerlebnis auf 2000qm.

This is neu and they would toss a drunk aircrew out way to fast as well. Aircrew tend to think of karting as Nascar rubbing is racing.

Comment

Yeah they don't let people bump each other there at all. If it looked intentional at all they will kick you out; which I kind of like. I hate karting with guys that subscribe to the Days of Thunder racing style...
                  sigpic'87 335i

Comment

Good is a relative term. Some times the turn over is good and there are a lot of cars in the yard other times it's the same old cars that have been there for 7 months.[/quote]

That kind of sucks, the yard here is horrible. The Italians won't let you out back, and when you tell them what your interest in they say no don't have anything.

Comment

Yeah I would hate to be stationed in Italy, where EVERYTHING is an argument and the Italians are always so bothered you ask them to do their jobs...
                      sigpic'87 335i

Comment

I didn't have that issue. I liked Sicily granted most don't consider that Italy and the Comiso has been gone for years so it's a mute point for most. We goto Sigonella enough but there are not many BMW's on the island for me to venture to one of their yards.

Honestly E30 supply has been drastically been drying up since about 2006. Finding good stuff that the few E30 sites hasn't broadcasted including myself...is tough.

I know of some old German yards that I hit depending on where I go but the days of Rhein-Main having a 24 hr Auto Hobby shop and a huge on base junkyard are days of past. I can remember hopping to Germany with a tool kit and a small travel bag, I would hit the 5 major USAF places Rhein-Main, Sembach, Ramstein and Zweibrucken and Hahn. Parts were galore in the 90's and early in the part of last decade.

Comment

SPANG here SIR!!

Comment

well hello. i am a fellow spang e30'er. i have a silver coupe with blue winter wheels on it now. but i have a set of BBS's im gonna refurb and paint before summer roles back around. id love to meet up sometime and chat. PM me if your interested. also my job is vehicle maintenance and im pretty handy with a wrench outside of work as well. so if you ever need help with something let me know.

Comment

Welcome everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X