MSPNP and wasted spark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSPNP and wasted spark?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but through my searching i couldn't seem to find it. Can the Megasquirt PNP be setup for wasted spark without having to solder anything else onto it? To me, the whole point of the plug n play model is i don't have to solder it, which is one of the biggest reasons i am considering the PNP model.

I am trying to plan out a turbo build, and i like the idea of have better spark control then using the distributer.

There's a few different people that offer it plug in play so it depends which one you get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I was looking at the actual diyautotune.com website. So that one specifically since my thought is I will get more support form the actual manufacturer.

Comment

Some models come w wasted spark, some don't. You have to check the specs to see if it is setup to support it

Comment

This is the unit in question:
          BMW E30 MSPNP Gen2 Plug and Play Engine Management Systems for the 1987-1993 BMW 325i and several other BMW models, installs in under 1 hour.

I read through the description, but I either don't understand the terminology they use to describe wasted spark or it isn't listed as such. I know megasquirt in general can do it, I just don't want to have to do any soldering myself to add it...

Comment

I am fairly certain the gen 2 has wasted spark installed. You'll likely need to move one or two jumpers (no soldering required). If you click through to the manual, on the page shared, it talks about how to setup wasted spark on the unit.

Comment

I'd send them an email. Tell them what you're doing and ask how many coil drivers are installed. 3 is what you need for wasted spark (more is fine too)

I hope you realize you're going to have to wire a sub harness to run wasted spark regardless of how plug and play the unit is.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Awesome! I will have to take a look through that. I figured it had to be there from the description, but I have definitely learned the hard way over time that unless something expressly says so, chances are it doesn't do whatever I was hoping for...

Comment

Working...
                X