Difference in check panel??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference in check panel??

So I know this is probably a general knowledge question however cannot seem to find the answer I am looking for, my 318is has this version of the check panel in it

and now I am wondering what the difference is, or how similar these are, and would it be an easy retrofit to make it work??

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
    Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Does it have the pigtail connector for it behind your blank panel? If so Id try plugging the lighted version in and go from there. If not, sounds like itll be a headache to wire it in.

Comment

Would require a lot of additional wiring and possibly some sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by vpilarrt View Post
        Would require a lot of additional wiring and possibly some sensors.
        Really, hmm okay then thanks for the tip

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

Comment

It's not an easy switch. I'm actually looking for one of the 318 panels, I'm rocking an unplugged one from a 6 cylinder for the time being so I can keep the hole covered.
          fried chicken

Comment

318i came with the delete panel. It really only gives you your SRS and Seatbelt light up. I saw a couple at the yards but never thought anything of them.

The 325i check panel comes with a lot more wiring in the pigtail, and like stated above, yes, you will need the complete wiring harness and sensors to make it work properly? Seems like a project that might not even be worth it IMO :/

Comment

No i agree, thanks tho, im just gonna leave it the way it is

Comment

Working...
              X