No announcement yet.

e30 Keyless Entry (Sold Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my switchblade fobs broke due to the hinge point wearing out, so I ordered a e46 key setup from the website and it was delivered today.

Unfortunately the key blanks used in the switchblade fob vs the e46 style are not the same, so I can't transplant my old key blade. Need to cut new keys, swap in the new brain and back in business!

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Originally posted by Mahalaleel View Post
      How much were these? Any other sources? Thread says sold out
      Go to his website...I just ordered one yesterday. I got the flip key style and it was $65.00 shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
        One of my switchblade fobs broke due to the hinge point wearing out, so I ordered a e46 key setup from the website and it was delivered today.

Unfortunately the key blanks used in the switchblade fob vs the e46 style are not the same, so I can't transplant my old key blade. Need to cut new keys, swap in the new brain and back in business!
        That's unfortunate. I wanted the switchblade version myself...maybe I'll go E46 style. So many good choices to make.

Comment

Anyone know why mine isn't working? All hooked up as it should be. When I push the button the sensor just clicks and nothing happens.

Edit: figured it out. However I can't find the damn directional light wires.
          Last edited by dreamchasin; 10-26-2016, 03:59 PM.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

I hate not listening to my guy instincts and I let a different guy at the locksmith cut the blanks and they don't work. Should have waited for the other guy.

Now I'm in need of replacement blanks for the e46 style fob, so anyone know where to get some?

Comment

Is his website down or is it just me? NVM it works. Let me know when you have them in stock.
              Last edited by Blackthorn; 11-07-2016, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamchasin View Post
                Anyone know why mine isn't working? All hooked up as it should be. When I push the button the sensor just clicks and nothing happens.

Edit: figured it out. However I can't find the damn directional light wires.
                well fast forward a couple months, never used the keyless entry, somehow batteries were dead, replaced them, now it will only unlock my car and not lock it. wtf.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

Ordered one today, tried to contact the seller via email provided by PayPal but got an email delivery failure notice... does anyone have his email?
                  sigpic

1989 325IX
                  1989 325I Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dreamchasin View Post
                    well fast forward a couple months, never used the keyless entry, somehow batteries were dead, replaced them, now it will only unlock my car and not lock it. wtf.
                    Check your "lock" connection.
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

poor quality /support

Originally posted by Mahalaleel View Post
                      That's unfortunate. I wanted the switchblade version myself...maybe I'll go E46 style. So many good choices to make.
                      both of my switchblades are already broken after few months of use and i requested a new key blank years ago (was told they would be available due to so many cutting issues) and havent seen any movement on replacements . not very good

originally tried the E46 fob version but hated how big it is in pocket with key sticking out impaling you ....which is why i switched to switchblade style guess that wasnt best idea either
                      Angus
                      88 E30M3 X2
                      89 325IX
                      92 R100GS/PD
                      :)

Comment

Bad service....

Ordered a kit a few days ago, no response as far as a confirmation except for the automated one from PayPal, hoping for something within a couple days otherwise I'll be requesting a full refund from PayPal
                        sigpic

1989 325IX
                        1989 325I Sold

Comment

What is the point of having one brown wire attach to grey/white and one connect to grey/yellow? could I just use one brown wire and split at the end to power both the grey/white and grey/yellow? (Is one power and one ground?)

The reason I ask is that I set mine up in the trunk and pre-ran only one wire all the way up to the front of the car. Don't want to have to take everything apart again if I don't have to.

Edit: Never mind, ended up just running two wires up to the front and it works as it should!
                          Last edited by SteveO; 02-04-2018, 11:19 PM.

Comment

All Im seeing is problems in this thread... damn
                            [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                            Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

I couldn't get replacement e46 key blanks so I ended up just using the fobs with a standard BMW key.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
                                I couldn't get replacement e46 key blanks so I ended up just using the fobs with a standard BMW key.
                                I stopped checking r3v a while ago. I think I have a couple e46 blades laying around if you still need them.
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X