since the e30 picnic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since the e30 picnic...

got my GC's, brembos put on along with some stainless engine lines.

still not clean enough to pop the hood at the e30 picnic but im getting a bike to commute and hopefully makin it cherry

That's it, I am getting one of those oil filter relocation kits. Makes oil changes way faster and looks badass, too.

Comment

looks like it'd leak oil all over your inner fender to me when you change it, is there a trick to avoid that?

Comment

Put a rag under it when you take the filter off, wrap it around the filter mount after you've taken it off, hold it back under it when you put the new one on. Or just put a small tub or cup under it.

Comment

be proud of the work you have done it looks great.
          Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
          http://raceskids.com/

Comment

I love the look of the front of the car without the bumper and trim, and the intercooler.
            It looks like it wants to eat a civic!

Comment

That is one nice E30. Where did you get that filter relocation kit? How much was it?

Looks sick!

Comment

I'd only relocate it if it were necessary to do so. Otherwise it just makes more clutter in the engine bay. It's really not that hard to get a filter wrench on there...

Oh, and your car looks good man. You run it without a bumper and valence?

Comment

awesome car man!! what turbo manifold are you using?

Comment

please give ALL of the info on your set-up! looks great. did you make the piping?

Comment

looks awesome... damn that air filter is really jammed in there huh? lol

Comment

Give it up, man - which refinery are you in? I was in both the current Shell & General Chemical, so I know pipe insulation when I see it.

Very good use for it BTW, how's it holding up where it's in contact with the housing?

Nice all around - good work.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Looks good man. Glad to see you got it back up and running, but you really need some kind of spark control as the next upgrade (performance/reliability wise).
                          :: PNW Crew ::
                          '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

thanks for all the compliments...i decided to do the oil filter relocation because of how hot it gets around the exhaust manifold. Im running the jon volk adapter and after changing my oil once i realized it was worth it to change my setup. Haha i work on a turbo diesel fishing boat, im all about insulation. im thinking about getting a hood vent of some sort, any ideas?. the turbo diaper is sick but also they are expensive. I built the motor and turbo setup back when i was like 16 now im just tryin to get the other odds and ends like suspension. The b&m oil cooler has also helped oil temp a lot, and after that it looked fugly with rubber lines so i dumped 350 into materials alone for the ss oil lines. The 180 degree bend off the oil filters was like 65 bucks i think! I just got the top end rebuilt with mls headgasket, i also had some of the studs around the head heli coiled with stainless studs so i could torque down both the intake and exhaust manifolds a lot better. I just swapped a fresh tranny, guibo,and 2.93 lsd...the car has came along way since ive had it. Im moving to southern cali this week for college, anyone livin down there? I will know nobody so hit me up.

josh

Comment

Great looking setup... bet it hauls ass.

Where about are you moving? What school?

Comment

Working...
                              X