Power window trouble shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power window trouble shooting

I am very confused trouble shooting the rear power window issues I have been having since I bought my 4 door E30. Intially it was just the passenger rear window not working, now it's both rear windows. I was able to take the passenger rear motor out, and it looked clean, so I greased it and put it back together, upon testing it, it would only spin one way, only up I swapped out the window switch thinking it was that, and now no rear windows work. I have tried jamming that switch on driver's side thinking it has sometime to do with that but I am at loss, power is getting to the motor.

Is this rear window safety switch thing prone to failure? Is this something I can just disconnect and be done with? How does one bypass that.

Put your window switches back the originals just clean them they will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I figured the only way the windows work at all is if there is a switch plugged into the door in the rear. Don't forget to plug back in the switches switches. The reason why it only worked in one direction was because of one of the switch contacts was bent out of the way, so it wouldn't work from either the front or rear.

Comment

Working...
      X