2019 E30 Picnic News and Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 E30 Picnic News and Updates

We'll post updates in this thread for the 2019 E30 Picnic. Check back from time to time. Lots of people already preregistered for the Picnic on June 23!

Raffle prizes are starting to come in. The afternoon raffle is a popular activity at the Picnic with proceeds going to the LeMay Marymount Museum.

Here are some great items donated by BMW Northwest. Some various BMW themed bags, dog dish, motorsport bear, an ICE watch, and some parts for a timing belt replacement. I assume for an M20b25 motor.

Full details for the E30 Picnic at www.E30Picnic.com
    Attached Files
    Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
    www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Where to overnight in Portland

Any recommendations on a decent hotel to stay in Portland on my way up (I.e., where my car will be safe overnight)?
    1989 325iX
    SF, CA

Comment

2019 E30 Picnic Poster

All E30 entries will receive a commemorative 11x17 poster at the Picnic. This year's design is by Owen Craft. The colors represent the paint colors of the E30, with the paint names in German like on the strut towers. Very cool design Owen!

Last edited by Lance Racing; 05-29-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Free E30 Picnic decal for registered E30s

Besides the 11x17 commemorative poster, M Team magnet and 3 raffle tickets that each E30 Picnic entrant receives each year, this year you will be receiving an E30 Picnic decal. Perfect for the side or rear glass on your E30.

Comment

Originally posted by adanzig View Post
          Any recommendations on a decent hotel to stay in Portland on my way up (I.e., where my car will be safe overnight)?
          Honestly if I was you I would not stay on the east side of town if your concerned about your car.
          Picking anything up i5 from say wilsonville to Tigard should be ideal which is basically 15-20min from down town Portland. Me I'm worried more about staying in Tacoma , in the top 5 of stolen cars in the US lol.

Comment

Originally posted by adanzig View Post
            When in Portland I stay at the Jupiter Hotel. They have a garage they park guest cars in. Best part is you can walk to the Doug Fir right next door for breakfast/lunch/dinner and catch a band downstairs. Hipster beard optional.

With Doug Fir Lounge & Hey Love just downstairs and many other restaurants and bars nearby, The Jupiter is the ideal hotel for foodies & cocktail connoisseurs.

Comment

More E30 Parking at the picnic

We've been able to secure more lawn parking for the 2019 E30 Picnic. We got pretty full last year. This new area (in green) will help as the E30 Picnic continues to grow. This new area is really nice, a well manicured lawn, with a few trees for shade. We'll move the food trucks to this area too. Anyone that still wants to park in the tall tree area (noted in blue) at the South end of the Main Lawn can still request to do so. Just let the parking attendants know.

Comment

Odometer Gears at the E30 Picnic

One great thing about the E30 Picnic is being able to highlight cottage industries that are helping support old cars like the E30. Without these enterprising businesses it would be much harder to keep our E30s on the road.

With that in mind, Jeff Caplan from Odometer Gears will be back from Virginia and at the E30 Picnic if you need your cluster's gears replaced. You can either buy the gears from him to do it yourself, or at the E30 Picnic you can pull your cluster and Jeff can swap out the gears on site for you. Here is a note he sent me:

"People were pulling their clusters and bringing them to me to fix at the Picnic. I was changing the gears as a basic fix at the show. I'll do the same for $50 a cluster this year. I can do more extensive cluster repair such as changing SI batteries, calibration and changing light bulbs at my shop. I have several unnamed E30 shops around the country sending me boxes of clusters to return to OEM status. I charge $250 for the whole cluster. There just isn't enough time to do this type of repair at the show and I would need my equipment and electricity. Doing the basic gear fix like last year is perfect. It would be better if people had them pulled before getting there. That would really help them and me be more efficient."

Please contact Jeff directly to get on his E30 Picnic schedule if you would like him to swap out your gears so your mileage is accurate!

Jeff Caplan can be contacted via email at: Sales@OdometerGears.com or cell (757) 593-3478.

Comment

M Team Shirt for 2019 - 1992 #7 Johnny Cecotto

Here's the design for the 2019 M Team Shirt. The very competitive 1992 #7 M3 driven by Johnny Cecotto.

And on track in 1992:

Comment

E30 Picnic swap meet

Yes, please bring your used E30 parts to sell at the E30 Picnic!

Comment

Drive a PRO3 courtesy of Group 2 Motorsports!

Local Motorsport and Service Shop Group 2 Motorsports have donated an opportunity to drive their E30 PRO3 car at an HPDE event. Retail cost is $2,450.00

Here are the details for the raffle:

1. The prize is for a 1 Day Track Rental in our PRO3 car at any local track event.
                      2. The giveaway is not for a race event, however it is available for a track day during a race weekend.
                      3. The giveaway is available for a track day at The Ridge or Pacific Raceways only.
                      4. The prize is subject to the rules and regulations of the organization offering the track day as it pertains to run groups, required instruction, drivers experience level, let by zones, etc.
                      5. Prize winner is responsible for Driver’s registration cost through MotorsportsReg.com and required safety gear such as helmet, gloves, eye protection, and other required personal gear.
                      6. The track day does include the cost of vehicle rental for one day, delivery and retrieval of the vehicle to the track event, cost of fuel, brakes, tires (rain tires if required), and technical assistance for the day.
                      7. Driver must be a licensed driver over the age of 18.
                      8. Driver responsible for all damage to vehicle and credit card must be on file as deposit.
                      9. G2 Requires 30 Day’s notice to book the car, subject to availability.
                      10. Prize must be redeemed by March 31, 2020.
                      11. Prize not transfereable.

Car Features:
                      • Full Roll Cage
                      • OMP Seats (HTE-R) and 5-Point Belts
                      • New Tires (Wet/Dry) – Toyo RR
                      • Podium at Thunderhill Raceway Park 25 Hour

Car Specs:
                      • 5 Speed Manual 2.5 Liter 6 Cylinder
                      • Ohlins Suspension
                      • Limited Slip Differential
                      • Built to stock specs for PRO3
                      Last edited by Lance Racing; 06-18-2019, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Early Registration details

A reminder, early registration (sometimes called preregistration) is done on MotorsportReg.com. A direct link to preregister is on the main page of the E30 Picnic web site. www.E30Picnic.com

The cost to preregister is $16 versus paying $25 cash day of the show. When you preregister we do not charge credit cards until Friday, June 21.

Here's my deal with you. We provide early registration on MSReg.com (versus just showing up at the show and paying) so you can get a discount on registration. Early registration helps us get an idea of how many people are going to attend. We even let you cancel before June 20 at 6pm and your credit card will not be charged.

However, here is the other part of the deal. If you are still registered after 6pm on June 20, your credit card will be charged whether you actually show up at the E30 Picnic on Sunday or not. We've paid LeMay a healthy fee to secure the East Lawn area for the E30 Picnic. We've paid for portapottie rentals for you to use. We've rented stacks of tables and chairs, along with a number of other expenses. If you had tickets to a rock concert and didn't go, Ticketmaster nor the band would not issue you a refund.

If you want the flexibility to wake up on Sunday morning a decide whether you want to attend the E30 Picnic that day, that flexibility will cost you $25 at the gate, rather than $16 by preregistering on MSReg.com

So I think that is fair deal. If you want a discount, understand the deal and that last call to unregister is at 6pm on June 20 should you change your mind. This is also when pre-reg automatically cuts off. Don't contact me on Friday asking if you can still pre-register. I will 100% of the time say "no", we have locked down the pre-reg list. You'll just need to arrive at the show on Sunday and pay $25 cash for entry. About 40% of attendees just show up at the gate without pre-registering and will pay $25.

Comment

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what is roll in time?

Nevermind, found it on the news section of the website. 10am. Sweet!
                          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                          Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Bimmerheads raffle stuff!

Some great stuff from Bimmerheads. A couple of M20 Gates Racing timing belts. A rocker arm set, ellipsoid crosshair sets, etc! Thanks Matt at Bimmerheads!

Comment

Kirk Rollbar for Raffle

Also being donated to the raffle is a Kirk rollbar for a 2-door coupe. Never installed. PDF hopefully attached showing an image and some info about the rollbar.

Edit: If you win this but can't take it home due to the size, you can pick it up from me at a later date at my home in Bellevue.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Lance Racing; 06-20-2019, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X