Charlie Gard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie Gard

The House Appropriations Committee voted on Tuesday on an amendment that would give the lawful permanent residence to the family of Charlie Gard.

I feel for this family and for this child but this has got to be some sort of sick joke.

The Republicans are voting to give this kid legal residence status so he can get treatment here, while at the same time voting to repeal Obamacare? Am I the only one who sees the absolute ridiculousness of this?

The Republicans are patting themselves on the back for being "pro-life" but the kid is going to die and his parents are going to get a bill in the mail for over a million bucks.

Oh and those 20+ million AMERICANS that will lose health insurance after the repeal...well fuck them apparently. But a British kid with close to 0% chance of living is good to go.

Good god these people are freaks and if you voted for them then so are you.

You had a cogent and thought-provoking post going, right up until you just couldn't help yourself and had to throw that last sentence in there.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

While it is your kid and you should do everything in your power to take care of them. At some point time you gotta look at the quality of life. This kid if he were to make through would have to be hooked up to a machine 24/7 and will never have a life he will be vegetable under his parents care and will only be a burden to them in their later years and keep them from enjoying their life in their younger years.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
        You had a cogent and thought-provoking post going, right up until you just couldn't help yourself and had to throw that last sentence in there.
        It's like I tell many of my ultra-liberal (and ultra-conservative) friends:

"You may have a great idea, and even a path toward achieving it, but if you constantly scream, yell, pump your fists, and tell everyone they are a stupid, idiot frittata......................no one will listen."
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

^ Wisdom.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

the Gard situation is in fact a complete repudiation of Obamacare and all socialized medicine, something more than a few here think is a good idea.

Gard cannot get to the medical treatment they desire because of socialized medicine. He's too young and the cost is too high so sorry mom and dad, your son is going to die. If they allow him treatment (and then others) it will bankrupt their medical system.

So Holmes, maybe you'd like to be the one to explain tot he parents that for the good of the many, their son must be denied. As Sarah Palin said, you can be on the death panel.
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

lol, as if the insurance company wouldn't have already pulled the plug on him if his parents were average americans with average insurance

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                lol, as if the insurance company wouldn't have already pulled the plug on him if his parents were average americans with average insurance
                8 years ago, no, this wouldn't have happened. Obamacare gave insurance companies massive quantities of power. I am not commenting on Charlie Gard, just the state of the insurance industry.
                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Why won't you comment on what the thread is about?

Too hard to justify the hypocrisy on this one?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Yeah, that's it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

It's apparent it is.

Iz ok. Thankfully those of you that believe man and TRex walked the earth at the same time are losing it to dementia.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Sure thing hoss.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

The alarming thing about the Charlie Gard case is the hospital has taken custody of the child, and are fighting the parents to seek outside care. They parents have the funds $1.5mil at last I heard, and medical facilities willing to admit Charlie. Some free of charge. Yet the hospital and govt are not willing to let the lawfull parents seek alternative medical care. Fucked up. In an interview the parents gave on the court docket it was them vs the hospital and their own son. SCARY stuff and a glimpse into the future.

Comment

^

Happens here too, like when the gods will people refuse treatment ( I know kinda the other way around) for their kids. Or when someone calls the cops and CPS shows up to take your kids because you let your 9 year old walk 3 blocks home from the park to the house. Or when your kids are playing in the yard "unsupervised" or when schools start to punish kids or get CPS involved for what they do out side of class hours off school property etc.... Lots of instances of where govt get between parents and their kids even here in the USA.
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

^Oh I know. This case is unique though in the fact the govt is basically advocating for death..... or dying with dignity as their courts put it. Many of the cases in the US, while maybee misguided, have been to help or protect the child.

Comment

Working...
                              X