No announcement yet.

regular old m60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car still doesn't start. My parasitic drain is gone but she doesn't fire up anymore. Did I get a bad ecu? Anyway to tell for sure?

Comment

Lifes got me pretty down right now for sure. All i want to do is buy another ecu to see if this ones shit or not, but in reality i shouldn't have bought the first replacement to begin with. After buying my truck and saying "fuck it, i'm so close" to many of the last parts of my car, and my lease ending next month and paying for move in fees and such to my new apartment, i've dug myself into quite a hole. Among other things i've quit my job that i love and have worked at for the past 2.5 years in an effort to spend more time with my gf and to pursue other adventures. This is that time of year when the shit storm rains down and it feels like nothing is going right. Even so, i'm not one to give up and there is NO FUCKING WAY i'm giving in. i give you my word that this will not be one of the many threads that have come so far just to have the car sold off. This car will be finished, and driven, by me.

Comment

Keep your head up. But make the right choice, not the heated choice.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
          Lifes got me pretty down right now for sure. All i want to do is buy another ecu to see if this ones shit or not, but in reality i shouldn't have bought the first replacement to begin with. After buying my truck and saying "fuck it, i'm so close" to many of the last parts of my car, and my lease ending next month and paying for move in fees and such to my new apartment, i've dug myself into quite a hole. Among other things i've quit my job that i love and have worked at for the past 2.5 years in an effort to spend more time with my gf and to pursue other adventures. This is that time of year when the shit storm rains down and it feels like nothing is going right. Even so, i'm not one to give up and there is NO FUCKING WAY i'm giving in. i give you my word that this will not be one of the many threads that have come so far just to have the car sold off. This car will be finished, and driven, by me.
          Keep your head up dude, you are so close! Take a short break, let your finances settle for a bit, spend some time with your GF. Then come back and make her help you with the car ;)

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
            Dude, Keep at it, you'll get there.

Also, go get your job back, especially if you enjoyed the job, and were treated well. If you're GF has an issue with you working more than spending time with her, then she is out of touch with being an adult. Besides, having a Girl friend doesn't pay the bills, having a job does.
            Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
              Dude, Keep at it, you'll get there.

Also, go get your job back, especially if you enjoyed the job, and were treated well. If you're GF has an issue with you working more than spending time with her, then she is out of touch with being an adult. Besides, having a Girl friend doesn't pay the bills, having a job does.
              hahaha, nah i loved working there but it's more of an issue of i have a lot of other things i love doing, and working there prevented me from doing them. and taking any amount of time off was nearly impossible. that being said, i've left on extremely good terms with everyone, and if this whole thing doesn't work out i'm 100% sure that i will be able to get my position back.

coolant temp sensors came in the mail today. i plan on knocking these out within the next week or so. hopefully we can get this build back on track!

Comment

In regards to the coolant temp sensors, when you guys replace the M60 2 prong sensor with the E30 brown top 1 prong sensor, what are you doing in terms of wiring it up? Are you de-pinning the 2 pin connector and re-pinning it with the E30 one prong connector? if so what are you doing with the other wire?
                Originally posted by 36brua
                Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
                Patryk:up:
                Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
                08 VW .:R32
                04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
                  In regards to the coolant temp sensors, when you guys replace the M60 2 prong sensor with the E30 brown top 1 prong sensor, what are you doing in terms of wiring it up? Are you de-pinning the 2 pin connector and re-pinning it with the E30 one prong connector? if so what are you doing with the other wire?
                  For OBD 1 I just plugged it on. no wiring mods. M60 harness blk connector goes to e30 'brown top' for temp gauge. M60 temp sensor for DME is usually white and connects to white harness connector. If your temp gauge doesn't work try swapping connectors.
                  My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
                    Yeah the connectors are the same 2 prong style. Its just the e30 brown too is "missing" a prong.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the info guys!
                      Originally posted by 36brua
                      Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
                      Patryk:up:
                      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
                      08 VW .:R32
                      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Money situation is back on track if only for a while. But I'm out of the hole and back in the green. That's all for now, more updates in a week or so

Comment

moved apartments a month ago, car is still sitting in the parking garage. getting it towed to my dads apartments in the next day or two.

Comment

Chapter 2

Comment

Decided to tow it to my dad's.

My new apartment parking lot is too hilly. Also, the amount of work I've done in that parking lot is crazy, so I know they don't care.

This guy is my neighbor

And I have a badass bmw shop down the street from me. Honestly if money was a little more free flowing I'd have just towed my car there. They have a bunch of 02's an isetta and an m1. The owner just sold off all of his goodies (including the car above) like an s54 swapped e30 m3, s14 swapped baur 02, 02 art car, a bunch of crazy shit like that.

We'll see how motivated I am to work on my car this week. I'm just super glad I don't have to worry about it getting towed anymore.

Comment

i didn't realize you are in austin. i have been chilling at the airport holiday inn for the last 2 days. could have helped you work on it a little bit.
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X