91 e30 325ix fuel line repair questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 e30 325ix fuel line repair questions

i'm looking to repair a fuel line leak in the hard line. Does anyone know if you can run the rubber line all the way from fuel rail to the fuel filter?

Why not replace them/it? It it's already leaking it's probably due for replacement anyway.
    They are not super expensive from BMW
    1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
    1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

I think they used hardlines along those sections for a reason. I would replace them as they were before.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I would go stock oem hard fuel line, it is easy to chance and they will last...Ok, then can be for someone little expensive, but still.
        https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
        https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

I did the fuel (and brake) hard lines on my '89 IX three or four years ago with the BMW OEM pre-bent lines. Easy peasy. These were the costs of the lines back then ...

fuel return hard line ($34.92)
          fuel feed hard line ($34.92)
          fuel vent hard line ($15.87)

IMHO - using rubber line instead would be too vulnerable to road debris and potential damage. No one likes to see an IX in flames.

The E30 collection:
          1987 325es M52 - Schwarz / Taurus Red Sport (son #2's)
          1987 325is - Delphin / Black Sport (son #3's)
          1987 325i Convertible - Triple Black
          1989 325iX Coupe - Diamondschwarz / Black Comfort
          1990 325iX Coupe - Sterling Silver / Grey Sport

1981 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 - Green / Tan
          1998 Volvo V70 GLT - White / Tan
          1998 Volvo S70 T5 manual - White / Taupe
          2001 Ford Windstar - Silver / Grey (parts hauler)
          2006 Lexus GX470 - White / Tan (tow rig)

Comment

Originally posted by 101 View Post
            I did the fuel (and brake) hard lines on my '89 IX three or four years ago with the BMW OEM pre-bent lines. Easy peasy. These were the costs of the lines back then ...

fuel return hard line ($34.92)
            fuel feed hard line ($34.92)
            fuel vent hard line ($15.87)

IMHO - using rubber line instead would be too vulnerable to road debris and potential damage. No one likes to see an IX in flames.
            Rubber lines also expand as opposed to the hard lines. BMW designed that car to have hard lines for 90-95% of the car for a reason.

Comment

I did the fuel and brake lines on my rallycross ix nearly 2 years ago with off the shelf line. Pre bent is my recommendation, but doing it from coils and making bubble flares is really not that hard. My only recommendation with that method is do not use steel lines, you will suffer. Get the copper nickel brake lines and you will have an easy time of it. They also won't rust.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
              X