No announcement yet.

CM5908/5907 Plug-n-Play Bluetooth upgrade board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is what I'm taking about. Can't wait for this!!
    Build Thread
    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
    Parts Thread
    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Originally posted by jaysterling View Post
      So the boards came in a few days ago :D

I've been testing them, I installed one in my car, everything is looking good. Oh yeah, and they are YELLOW.

At this point, I have all the pieces and I'm ready to go product-wise.

But I can't sell them yet. I can't go into it, but there is a non-technical delay that is keeping me from being able to sell these. It's killing me. As soon as I can though, I will be here opening them up for sale.

Sorry for the delay guys, I really appreciate the interest and I can't wait to get these out.
      CM5907 standing by

Comment

I got mine finally installed in the Alpina, but had seen some issues with the controls for the iPhone. I can pm you them about them if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          I got mine finally installed in the Alpina, but had seen some issues with the controls for the iPhone. I can pm you them about them if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Cool. PM sent.

Comment

i'm in for one!

Comment

very interesting

Comment

Interested in Two Jay, I emailed you and I am on the email list on your website, please let me know when they would be available. I will pm you my Cell number (best way to get a hold of me via text).

Hamik

Comment

Jay,

Where is this preorder page? I've posted a few times requesting but I see other folks getting them, i'm going to assume they are testing for you.

Would like to get on the list of possible

Thanks,

--JC

Comment

Any updates on this?
                    sigpic

Comment

I have been waiting to hear back from Jay ...

Comment

He'll update the thread when he's ready guys. He obviously has his reasons for the delay.

Comment

Ok, I have some short-term bummer but long-term bright news I can share now:

The issue that's been causing delays is with my current employer, a big tech company here in the Bay Area. It turns out they have pretty restrictive rules around employees having side businesses, any of which have to be approved. Early conversations with my manager made it sound like this was more of a formality than anything, but when I started going through the official approval process, I began hitting road blocks. There was a lot of bureaucratic slowness and ultimately a decision from higher-ups that the only way I could distribute the boards is if I simply open-sourced everything and let it free, which isn't how I'm going to do it.

So, after a lot of thought, I've announced that I'm leaving the company in January to pursue this full time. That's right, come January I will be working full time on supporting, developing, and selling these boards and others like them. It's a big step but it's the right time for me to try and turn this into something. The reason for January is I've been working on a project at my job for 5 years that is finally shipping at the end of the year, and I want to stay to see it through. I know that means another 3 months of waiting, sorry guys.

What does this mean for those interested in buying boards?

1. In late January, I'm going to open orders for the first 50 boards I have ready. I want to make sure everyone here who has been following along at hone has a chance to get one first, so I'm thinking of doing a PM-based reservation starting at a particular announced time, then payment due within X days.

2. For these first boards, I'll be selling them for the CM5908 only. The CM5907 audio noise floor is just not where I would like it to be. It rides about -68 dB below full scale, you never hear it with music playing, but you can with a cranked podcast, so for this round, I want to sell strictly for the CM5908 where the noise performance is way better. I've started work on a new board to address this, and you can count on a CM5907-ready one soon after launch.

3. After the initial 50 are gone, I"ll be having more made and open them for sale on cantalouperadio.com (not live yet). Oh yeah, I renamed the company Cantaloupe Radio, Inside Out Radios was just too long.

Apologies for having to be MIA over the last several weeks, I needed to let everything at work settle out before I made any announcement, but at this point, I"m committed and I'm pretty excited.

Comment

Congrats on taking the plunge into self employment! I am envious.

I am not sure how many other businesses do this, but if you could modify those old muscle car radios to do something like this it would open up an enormous market.

Hell I would love to have my Z4m coupe radio Bluetooth the music. It only does phone from the factory, and you need to plug it to the aux for tunes. Trivial I know, but it's still a nuisance.
                            Originally posted by codyep3
                            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                            2010 F650gs twin
                            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

I'm surprised your company didn't give in after saying you're leaving. I can honestly say that I wouldn't want to work at a place like that, so good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                                I am not sure how many other businesses do this, but if you could modify those old muscle car radios to do something like this it would open up an enormous market.
                                Indeed. Most of the replacement units I've seen with modern features look terrible.
                                Originally posted by kronus
                                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                                X