323i MTEC1
    Z3 coupe
    E60 M5

Comment

Originally posted by Old city bimmer View Post
      That's the one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Wow, amazing men! Beautiful car!
      The cars we drive say a lot about us.- Alexandra Paul.

Comment

Just a quick update

After 15 months I finally got the powertrain finished. Since my boss decided to stop "rewarding" me for my work two months ago, now I got lots of time but no money to spend, so I decided to install the MTech-1 kit I bought and do the paint myself. After three cans of Duplicolor at $8.99 by no means it looks professional but I've been watching these parts hanging on my garage for so long and I really need something to feel good.

The front side is done (except for the fog lights)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Bruni's MTech-1 Front.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	7193200

Name:	Bruni's MTech-1 Front #2.jpg
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	7193202

Now I'm working on the rear apron and need to figure out where this bracket goes. Any thoughts?

Name:	Rear valance bracket.JPG
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	7193201

Comment

That bracket holds the bottom of the rear valence by the exhaust cutout up, I think. gets bolted to the metal rear valence.
          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
            That bracket holds the bottom of the rear valence by the exhaust cutout up, I think. gets bolted to the metal rear valence.
            There is a hole on the valance by the exhaust cutout up. It seems pretty rigid to me though, not sure what good would it make there but I'm going to give it a try. The valance's bottom section towards the center, tends to sag down overtime.

Comment

it softens up from being heated by the exhaust
              cars beep boop

Comment

Just curious if anyone has ever done any DIY's on this kit? I ask because I have a ton of boxes of new parts, but don't necessarily know where to start. A bunch are euro bumper parts and a bunch are Mtech 1 parts. It is a touch daunting for sure without a bunch of trial and error.

Mr. Wolfe
                sigpic

Comment

what parts do you have? I can probably identify most of 'em..
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    what parts do you have? I can probably identify most of 'em..
                    I could post pictures tomorrow, but there are a lot of parts. I guess everything you need for Euro bumpers and Mtech1. I am sure I could figure it out, but just thinking if there was something online it would save me hours and hours of head-scratching.

Mr. Wolfe
                    sigpic

Comment

Do we have an MTech 1 Thread?

Kronus is correct that goes by exhaust side on the inner bottom lip of the spoiler. It then bolts on the rear metal valance.

sigpic
                      323i MTEC1
                      Z3 coupe
                      E60 M5

Comment

Originally posted by Old city bimmer View Post
                        Kronus is correct that goes by exhaust side on the inner bottom lip of the spoiler. It then bolts on the rear metal valance.

Thanks. It makes sense ... support for that area, which is exposed to heat and prone to sag.

Comment

Hey fellas I have a driver side rear end cap for Mtechnic. I have a Vert so I have no need for it. Its NLA. PM me. Part number 1953711

Comment

for those looking for a 772 eurovalance, you can still get an OEM one from classiceuroparts.com. http://www.classiceuroparts.com/prod...ler-lip-apron/

you can also order a replica from eBay.de via this link
                            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                              for those looking for a 772 eurovalance, you can still get an OEM one from classiceuroparts.com. http://www.classiceuroparts.com/prod...ler-lip-apron/

you can also order a replica from eBay.de via this link
                              https://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-3er-Seri...h/332299490837
                              I keep thinking about ordering one, but haven't pulled the trigger. I can't decide if it is worth it or to just hack up mine. Anyone have insight that went through the same decision?

Mr. Wolfe
                              sigpic

Comment

Good q

If you will NEVER EVER run a plain euro setup without the mtech1 bits on the car then you have the option of running a hacked 771 (US pre facelift DB valance) behind the mtech1 front spoiler. It’s still hacked though.

With all the effort you’ve put into your 325is I’d think it would be worth the effort to at least go with a euro rep 772.. that’s what I’m running on my car because classic euro wasnt selling the OEM part at the time.

If have any intent EVER of running a non MT1 euro setup then you should have the 772 in place (OEM or eBay.de repro), and maybe consider a jimmy hill lip too

Either way, given the cost of the 772 repro I wouldn’t hack the US valance to save $200.. you’d also be able to save the original parts to put the car back to stock..
                                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X