RX7 brakes question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RX7 brakes question

So I recently purchased RX7 calipers along with the necessary brackets/hardware but I bought the rotors separately. So my question is... what do I have to get machined on the rotor? E30tech has been down for a while so I can't really look at the write-ups there :/. Thanks in advance

You have to open up the bore to fit the 57.1mm hub.

Comment

Originally posted by vpilarrt View Post
      You have to open up the bore to fit the 57.1mm hub.
      Thanks!

Comment

Wherw did you get the bracket, and did you get an adapter for your brake lines? I have the calipers and rotors I need but can't find these parts.
        Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
          Wherw did you get the bracket, and did you get an adapter for your brake lines? I have the calipers and rotors I need but can't find these parts.
          Yeah I have both the adapter and the bracket. I bought them with the calipers, so can't help you there :/ sorry man.

Comment

You actually need to bore the center of the Corrado rotor from 65mm to 66mm.

The wheel hub bore is 57.1, but where the rotor sits is larger.
            P.O.S 1989 325is - aka Project Sh*tbox

Project Shitbox - Restomod and other stuff - soon to be 328is

Comment

Originally posted by badwella View Post
              You actually need to bore the center of the Corrado rotor from 65mm to 66mm.

The wheel hub bore is 57.1, but where the rotor sits is larger.
              Thanks lol. I know it's been 2 months that I've started this thread but I still haven't got them machined. At least I now have some exact measurements.

Comment

PM me if you have any other questions. I have this setup on my car and can get you pics or measurements if needed. Definitely worth the work.

Comment

PM me if you have any other questions. I have this setup on my car and can get you pics or measurements if needed. Definitely worth the work.
                  Will do. The thing is, I need to get new wheels to clear the brakes so until then I can't really do much.

Comment

I hear you there. I have to run 10mm spacers up front to clear my 15" wheels. I have some 16" Volk te37 knockoffs that will go on in the future which require 20mm spacers but I needed them anyway since those wheels are et40 (found a deal I couldn't pass up).

I'm actually looking into developing/building myself a 310mm big brake kit to take up more of that space but use the Rx7 caliper if possible. Plan on doing autocross but she's my daily right now.
                    Last edited by badwella; 12-21-2016, 03:26 PM.

Comment

I hear you there. I have to run 10mm spacers up front to clear my 15" wheels. I have some 16" Volk te37 knockoffs that will go on in the future which require 20mm spacers but I needed them anyway since those wheels are et40 (found a deal I couldn't pass up).

I'm actually looking into developing/building myself a 310mm big brake kit to take up more of that space but use the Rx7 caliper if possible. Plan on doing autocross but she's my daily right now.
                      I just saw your reply so sorry for a late response but I have a question. What offset are your wheels? I want to get new Fifteen52 wheels and have 16x8 in the front this time around rather than 16x9. They offer two offset options: et20 and et30. Which offset would be a better choice if I want to run these brakes? I'm not too sure how big of a role offset plays here.

Comment

It all really depends on the spoke design of the wheel as far as offset/clearance goes. I will say that the rx7 bbk upgrade has some pretty terrible wheel clearance issues. Not much fits over them without some effort.

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                          It all really depends on the spoke design of the wheel as far as offset/clearance goes. I will say that the rx7 bbk upgrade has some pretty terrible wheel clearance issues. Not much fits over them without some effort.
                          Well shit. Guess I'll have to get a spacer then. Hopefully I don't end up poking a lot.

EDIT: So to prevent poke, would it be smarter to get a higher offset wheel and then add a spacer? So opt for the et30?
                          Last edited by E30_Narek; 01-08-2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Yeah, the RX7 calipers are super wide. You can't grind that little nub off the side completely as it's got a fluid passage in it.

Those wheels are et40. I'm actually thinking about selling them though. Probably to some Honda guy. lol.

Comment

Yeah, the RX7 calipers are super wide. You can't grind that little nub off the side completely as it's got a fluid passage in it.

Those wheels are et40. I'm actually thinking about selling them though. Probably to some Honda guy. lol.
                              That's what I'm gonna be doing with my wheels lol. Easy to sell shit to Honda guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X